MediaPicker doesn't work with non-image types

Topics: Administration
Apr 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Edited Apr 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM

MediaPicker requires picked media to have height and width which makes it impossible to pick, for example, documents (pdf, word, etc.).

Also, once you pick a media there is no button to remove it if you don't want any media picked.

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Hi fera,

Both issues have been reported.
The workaround for the first issue (picking PDF/Word, etc.) is simply to uncheck the "keep aspect ratio" (or something like that), then provide 0 for both width and hight (or any arbitrary number).

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Yes, I know the workardounds, I already solved them both via javascript. I didn't know they were both reported (although, now that I looked at it, I was the one reporting the other issue) so I just wanted to point that out.

Btw. I voted for your reported issue as well.

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Great. I justed voted for yours as well.

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Edited Jan 24, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I have this same feature request and have discovered the same workarounds. I will vote for the issues.

One thing is vexing me though, when you try and save a mediapicker field that's not an image and you don't apply the workaround you get "The Width field is required." The object model is flagging that as a required field, which at first seems to be standard MVC attribute based stuff. Only, I can't find the attribute. I've looked at the field model, I've looked at lots of other code and even database settings. I can't find it.

Somehow, somewhere, there is data telling the validator these are required fields. Does anyone know where this is?