Two fields questions

Topics: Core, General
Apr 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Hi:

I have two questions regarding fields.

I have created an enumeration field for a content type, how do I add values to that type, there doesn't appear to be a way of doing this.

Secondly, What is the difference between text/input fields.

Any help apreciated.

Regards

Sean.

Coordinator
Apr 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Edited Apr 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Of course there is a way. What did you try, from where and how did it fail?

The second question is an excellent question. I was against differentiating them but the implementers of that feature did it anyways. Text field is a field thatis meant to contain text, and it can vary between single line, multiline, rich text. The input field renders as an html 5 input field and can take numbers, etc. But is it confusing? Yes.

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Hi:

After adding an enum field, and giving it a name than saving, Then hitting edit, I thought I’d be able to add values.

Also, is there a way to tell a field not to take numbers—just a single line of text?

Cheers

Sean.

Sent: 19 April 2012 22:55
To: Sean Farrow
Subject: Re: Two fields questions [orchard:352904]

Of course there is a way. What did you try, from where and how did it fail?

The second question is an excellent question. I was against differentiating them but the implementers of that feature did it anyways. Text field is a field thatis meant to contain text, and it can vary between single line, multiline, rich text. The input field renders as an html 5 input field and can take numbers, etc.

Coordinator
Apr 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

You can set-up values in the settings of the field, in the content type editor.

Not sure what you mean by "not to take numbers". Do you mean only letters and spaces?

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Hi:

I don’t see anywhere to set up values, or required etc! I’ve tried this with both internet explorer/firefox. I don’t believe the fact atth I’m visually impaired would matter—given I’ve just looked at the code, it should make a difference unless it’s not being shown!

And yes one line of letters/spaces.

Cheers

Sean.

Sent: 19 April 2012 23:10
To: Sean Farrow
Subject: Re: Two fields questions [orchard:352904]

You can set-up values in the settings of the field, in the content type editor.

Not sure what you mean by "not to take numbers". Do you mean only letters and spaces?

Coordinator
Apr 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM

What browser you use doesn't matter:

You will have to build your own field for a purely alphabetic text field.