work on the first triple widget directly from the content

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard
Apr 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM

hello,
I have a problem:
I want to work on the first triple widget directly from the content of the page without creating a new level dedicated.
is it possible?
thanks

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Edited Apr 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I don't understand the question. What do you mean by "level dedicated"? 

EDIT: Also, what do you mean by "work on the first triple widget"? Does this mean you want to edit the content of that widget? 

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM

hi,
with dedicated level I meant that I must create a new layer for every single page.
I ask how to edit/work on the "tripelfirst" directly from the content of the page so i don't create a new layer for a page with different "tripelfirst"

I am sorry for my bad English. 

Thanks!

Developer
Apr 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

One way I can think of is to create a new Content Type (e.g. AdvancedPage), which has the same parts as the Page content type, but with an additional Text Field (with its flavor set to HTML).

Next you would write a handler that dispatches the Text Field shape to the tripelfirst zone. See Bertrands post on how to do that.
Now, to avoid the Text Field from being rendered twice, you would use Placement.info to not render the Text Field shape in the Content zone of the content item itself.

I didn't test this, so I don't know if it will work like this exactly. With regards to dispatching shapes to arbitrary zones, you may want to contact randompete. He has a module that enables you to use Placement.info to render any shape in any zone: http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/353466

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:17 AM

thank you very much!!!