Orchard Calendar Seeking Developers and Comments

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Apr 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Hello Everyone,

Not sure if there is a better place to post this, I am working on a calendar module for Orchard and it is well under way but I am always looking for valuable input from other developers/users to make it a successful module.  The link for the development site of this module is here:

https://orchardcalendar.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

This module utilizes the open source FullCalendar jQuery plugin and information on this plugin can be found here:

http://arshaw.com/fullcalendar/

This is a great open source calendar and as soon as I saw it I felt it would have a lot of value in Orchard.  If you agree, feel free to lend your skills/comments on the Orchard Calendar codeplex page listed above. 

I am currently working on the following two areas:

• Admin UI display for calendar part
  • Then, complete the recurrence events logic in the javascript file by accessing the calendar part
    • The framework is in place, just not the logic yet

Note it is not yet a beta (though it will install fine) so there will likely be changes that break the current version if you install it.

Developer
Apr 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Hey Jeff, How have you been coming along with this module? N
Apr 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Hey Nicholas,

Just replied on twitter but haven't been able to get back to it yet. Like many developers of Orchard, I work on projects as business demands arise. Haven't had a business demand yet so it is still in the hobby phase (really want this module to go though, think it could be great). I believe the major file to finish is the /Providers/Layouts/LayoutShapes.cs to have it write the javascript notation. After that, as memory serves, it would be a functional calendar. I am sure there are plenty of areas for improvements (and likely some bug fixes I cannot recall). If you (or anyone else) wants in as a coordinator on the project I gladly welcome it.

Jeff