Customizing blog post for users depending upon roles

Topics: General
Apr 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I am new to Orchard and looking for some guidance here.

I am creating an intranet site and need to give access to certain users to be able to post some weekly news. I created a blog for this where I as an admin can add posts and it looks good. But, now next step is when a user who has a role for Posting News logs in sees a 'Post' button in front end UI and when he clicks on it, it gives him a similar blog post UI as admin sees (without the admin menu bar obviously). He can then post some news which appears on the frontend.

How can this be achieved? 

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Version 1.5 will have something like that thanks to the http://orchardcustomforms.codeplex.com/ module, which works today on 1.4.

Apr 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Thanks, that would greatly reduce the effort. However, It seems that version 1.5 isn't due for release sometime soon. Can you suggest an approach to achieve the same thing via a custom code ?

I appreciate your inputs.

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM

As I said, the module is available today and can run on 1.4. I suppose you could reproduce what it is doing but really, what would be the point of that?

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Thanks. I will give that a shot.

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I installed it, but cannot see it anywhere in the admin UI. Could you please explain how to use this Custom forms?

Thanks