Removing Widget Module

Topics: Troubleshooting
Apr 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM

May have found a possible bug. Let me know if you can confirm and I'll submit a bug report.

I added a module - Aggregated Twitter Feed (http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.AggregatedTwitterFeed), enabled it and added a widget to one of my zones. I then realized that this module wasn't what I thought it was...so I removed the widget and disabled the module.

When going to add another widget to a zone, the Aggregated Twitter Feed widget was still in the list. Since the module was disabled, I deleted it from my server. When I went to add another widget to a zone, the Aggregated Twitter Feed widget was again still there. I looked in the database and found it referenced several times.

I'm thinking that if I disable a module that is a widget, this should prevent it from showing up in the available widgets list...correct? I'm not sure if that's module specific or if Orchard itself takes care of that action. If it's module specific, then I'll contact the owner of the module...if not and I'm not mistaken about how that should work, let me know and I'll submit a bug.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2012 at 5:51 AM

No. Removing a module never removes the content types it created. That's because for all Orchard knows you may have added new parts, customized it, etc. That you removed one of the modules that were providing a part doesn't mean it should go away. But you can remove the content type yourself, that will work.