Cannot install module from Azure

Topics: Core, General, Troubleshooting
Mar 31, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Edited Mar 31, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Hello,

I have deployed a fresh Orchard installation [ Orchard.Azure.1.4.0.zip ] and I am getting an error when trying to install a module from the modules gallery. The install fails with the following message:

Package installation failed: There was an error installing the requested package. This can happen if the server does not have write access to the '~/Modules' or '~/Themes' folder of the web site. If the site is running in shared hosted environement, adding write access to these folders sometimes needs to be done manually through the Hoster control panel. Once Themes and Modules have been installed, it is recommended to remove write access to these folders.

Is this an expected behavior in this environment? And if so, is there any other way (besides redeploying) for installing new modules / themes, or updating existing ones?

[Later Edit] - I found this topic http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/255834 which answers my question. The short answer is that this is the expected behavior. Each time we add a new functionality, we have to add it locally, run the ClickToBuildAzurePackage command and deploy the new package.