How to Archive Blog Posts

Topics: General
Editor
Mar 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM

There is a widget for listing Recently Added Blog Posts....but how do you "archive" blog posts?

Coordinator
Apr 1, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Did you try the Archives widget?

Editor
Apr 1, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Sorry I had a typo in my post, I meant Blog Archives widget. Do I need to install the "Archive Later 1.4.0" widget to archive things?

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2012 at 4:11 AM

No, I think you're making a confusion here. What is usually meant by "blog archives" is a list of posts by year and month. You don't need to do anything to your posts for them to appear there.

What "archive later" is doing is completely different. It is unpublishing the contents on a future date.

Editor
Apr 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM
OK. I thought we could literally put them in a different status of "Archive" so they were not pulled in on rendering, but could be linked via an Archive widget.

Thanks

Arra

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:11 AM, bertrandleroy <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

No, I think you're making a confusion here. What is usually meant by "blog archives" is a list of posts by year and month. You don't need to do anything to your posts for them to appear there.

What "archive later" is doing is completely different. It is unpublishing the contents on a future date.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Thanks,

Arra