Installing Module while debugging?

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Mar 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I am attempting to install some modules and themes while in debug mode in Visual Studio, I am getting permission errors. What permissions do I have to set for the development server to have write permission to modules and themes folder?

TJ Havens

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I guess you're running the built-in devserver (Cassini), right? If yes, I think it's sufficient if your user you're logged in has read/write permssions for the Modules, Media, Themes and App_Data folders.

Apr 1, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Is your gallery feed pointed to ?

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Yes its the cassini web server. Also downloading the package and attempting to install locally also gets permission error. Bertrand, yes it is.

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Then my best guess is the mentioned issue. Or maybe it could be that some other process uses the folder, like the site running also in IIS Express, if you use WebMatrix?

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM

How do I download a module and inlcude in the source. I have downloaded themes, but I cannot included them in the solution for some reason, can someone walk me through how to do this, I need to download several modules into my source...

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Did you download the Orchard Sourcecode package? It includes an Orchard.sln, to which you can include the downloaded modules.

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

yea, but how do I include it. What is the steps, I have tried many things...

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM

How do you normally include projects in a solution? I assume you are using Visual Studio and have used it before?

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Right click on the Modules folder, add existing project...