Make a web form inherits a orchard theme?

Topics: Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Mar 28, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Hi,

I have created a a classic aspx web form that hold a report view control and some basic funtionality, from my MVC controler i redirect to the web form and its displays and working property. How ever my orchard theme does not display, just the plain aspx form. Is it possible to make my form inherit the theme aswell?. Can´t figure out how to do it…

Someone with any bright ideas?

Developer
Mar 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I don't think this is possible, as Orchard works with action results in order to render the ViewResult inside of the content zone. Orchard doesn't know anything about Web Forms or how to process it's output and add it to a zone.

You could instead inject it using AJAX into some div element, but if the report viewer is interactive, you will probably face some post back challenges.
Another option may be using an IFRAME, either directly in a view or as an overlay.

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:55 AM

thx for the reply,

You are probably right!, my solution to the problem was to create a MVC view with a  iframe that takes in the aspx web form. Implementing a aspx web form in orchard wasn´t the easiest thing to do but i think i got everything to work as expected.