Localization : Translators needed

Topics: Localization
Developer
Mar 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Bertrand has updated the latest version of the localization .po files of many modules for the en-US culture on http://orchardproject.net/localize

For the record, here is how Localization works on Orchard : http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Creating-global-ready-applications

If you want to help to translate the resource keys in your culture, create an account on http://orchardproject.net/Users/Account/Register and wait to be activated.

It will give you access to the Online tranlation tool and will allow you to edit the localization resources of each module.

If you are interested, you could for example reply this discussion saying which culture you want to help translating.

For example, I am currently translating the fr-FR (French) culture.

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Edited Mar 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I can help for the french translation too.

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:15 PM
agriffard wrote:

Bertrand has updated the latest version of the localization .po files of many modules for the en-US culture on http://orchardproject.net/localize

Please note: there is a bug in the way some resources are displayed.

Check here: http://orchardproject.net/localize/Core/fr-FR

Look for "âÂÂ", you will find the problematic text.

Developer
Mar 27, 2012 at 1:56 PM

C'est pour ça que je n'ai pas traduit celles-là.

Le même problème est dans http://orchardproject.net/localize/Core/en-US et j'imagine qu'il faudrait d'abord le résoudre de là.

Autre remarque, ça indique qu'il reste une ressource à traduire dans Orchard.Users mais je ne vois pas laquelle.

Je vais essayer de terminer les Localizations des modules Orchard..., il ne me reste qu'Orchard.Projections il me semble.

@Stix31 : Si tu veux traduire des modules externes, n'hésite pas.

Developer
Mar 27, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I wouldn't work on the translations till the problems it currently has (see) are settled. There also appears a lot more strings (due to duplicates) than there really are.

Coordinator
Mar 27, 2012 at 8:02 PM

No, please don't wait.

Developer
Mar 27, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Does that mean that translation work done now (to the sane string, i.e. not the duplicated-damaged ones) will be kept for sure?

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I'll do en-AU

Coordinator
Mar 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Yes, no work you do will be lost.

@planetClaire: do you have a login already?

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I just signed up, thanks.

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM

You are in.

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Hi guys! I can help you with the "ru-RU" translation. Do you need it?

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2012 at 5:54 AM

Sure, we need all the help we can get. Please register on the site and give me the alias I have to activate for ru-ru.

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Eventually I'd like to aid in further translating nl-NL (considering our client is Dutch). Might be bits by bits, while I work on our main project.

I created an account named 'AimOrchard' if this is ok for you.

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2012 at 7:26 AM

You are in.

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Edited Mar 28, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I created a new account for the "ru-RU" culture. Login name - QuadroPlay

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM

OK, en-AU is done (just some date strings, that wasn't too bad). 

But there seems to be an issue with downloading the zip file, sometimes the zip extension is missing (in Firefox & also IE) & also it seems to sometimes serve a cached copy.  Eventually got a good one using chrome (zip extension still missing but atleast not cached).  This must be intermittent because I do remember getting a proper zip file before.

Also, I noticed that in Orchard.Rules a bit of French(?) has slipped into the 2nd key: "Provides a system de trigger actions based on events"

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2012 at 4:00 AM

@quadroPlay: you're in

@planetClaire: yes, there is caching. Those files are expensive to create. The cache duration is just a few hours. Please provide a patch when you notice bad strings in the source.

Apr 30, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I would like to anticipate in translating: pl-PL

Created account: rod

Coordinator
Apr 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM

You're in for pl-PL. 

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM

There is small typo which makes little bug

You need to enable an index implementation module like Lucene. (Orchard.Indexing.Services.IndexServiceNotificationProvider:)

Musisz uruchomić moduł implementujący indeks, np. Lucene.

On http://orchardproject.net/localize/Module/Orchard.Indexing/pl-PL

It makes reference generated wrong in target po file which looks like

#: Orchard.Indexing.Services.IndexServiceNotificationProvider:
#| msgid "You need to enable an index implementation module like Lucene."
msgctxt "Orchard.Indexing.Services.IndexServiceNotificationProvider:"
msgid "You need to enable an index implementation module like Lucene."
msgstr "Musisz uruchomić moduł implementujący indeks, np. Lucene."

Reference should be without ':' .. just Orchard.Indexing.Services.IndexServiceNotificationProvider

BTW. Should I post it as issue  or as post like this in this topic ?

Coordinator
Apr 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM

As an issue, please.

May 8, 2012 at 6:57 AM

I'm working on the italian translation. I created the account: fg_garda.

Coordinator
May 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM

You're in.

May 9, 2012 at 2:19 PM
styx31 wrote:

I can help for the french translation too.

Could I have access to french translation ? I've seen some low-impact errors.

Coordinator
May 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Done.

Aug 1, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Hi, I'd like to contribute to fa-IR, username: mohammad.sepahvand

thanks.

Aug 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Hi, I'd like to contribute to nl-NL, username: eriko

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:36 AM

@erik_oppedijk, @AimOrchard, and other Dutch Orchard fans,

I've done a lot of Dutch translations and noticed that it's a though job to stay consistent, because there are a lot of identical words. And what about the way we speak to the users, that can be formal or more casual. I personally prefer a casual way, without getting 'too popular´ :-)
I also noticed that some translations are/were wrong because the translator did not understand the context in which a sentense was meant to be.
Should we team up and make some agreement? It would be nice to let that evolve in our own Dutch discussion forum. Bertrand, can you set that up?

Developer
Aug 5, 2012 at 8:02 AM

We at Orchard Hungary has a list of conventional translations for some common words to standardize translation. Also we tend to look at the location of the strings (the one indicated at the string in the translation tool) to get the context  too. In Hungarian there is also a formal and an informal version of "you", which creates a need for maintaining two translations for the strings where the user is spoken to. I've implemented a solution for this in a fork for OrchardPo, but Bertrand has not yet evaluated it.

Aug 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM

@geerdoornbos Nice job. If it's necessary I can help with the Dutch translations too.

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM

@Piedone That's nice. I looked at the changeset and commented. I think it's great to have such list of words. Maybe @sfmskywalker can set that up on the Ducth site. Good idea dutchies?

@Znowman Well, if you need a translation or change, you can always do that if you have access. Should we keep a record of changes (just globally), so that everyone knows there is an updated .po set available?

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM

@Erik: I don't see that account anywhere. Please try again.

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Created "eriko" on orchardproject.net

Got the email for validation and clicked the link.

However unable to login

Erik

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 6 aug. 2012 om 19:55 heeft "bertrandleroy" <notifications@codeplex.com> het volgende geschreven:

@Erik: I don't see that account anywhere. Please try again.

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2012 at 6:14 PM

You're approved for nl-NL.

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM
geertdoornbos wrote:

Should we team up and make some agreement? It would be nice to let that evolve in our own Dutch discussion forum. Bertrand, can you set that up?

There is still no dutch discussion forum? Is this possible?

Also a nice resource to help during translations: http://localize.drupal.org/  (for dutch language: http://localize.drupal.org/node/3809)

this way all CMS systems use the same names for translations.

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:58 AM
erik_oppedijk wrote:
geertdoornbos wrote:

There is still no dutch discussion forum? Is this possible?

Also a nice resource to help during translations: http://localize.drupal.org/  (for dutch language: http://localize.drupal.org/node/3809)

this way all CMS systems use the same names for translations.

I'd vote for a dutch (as in language ofc) discussion forum as well.

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM

What should be the forum's title? I'll create it.

Sep 13, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Nederlands (Dutch) maybe? (same format as the other non-english discussion forums)

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Any progress on the Dutch discussion forum?

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2012 at 7:23 PM

It's there. Please post a welcome message.

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Can't see it yet... permissions?

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Did you try to create a discussion? It should be in the list.

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Ah, it's getting late here :-)

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Edited Oct 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I (=teusje, can't change my name here on codeplex :p) can contribute to the NL translations.

Currently there is nl-NL for the Netherlands.
How can I add nl-BE for Belgium? It will be almost identical to nl-NL I think..
(Belgium has fr-BE, nl-BE, de-BE)

Developer
Oct 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Sign up for an account on orchardproject.com/localize, then ask Bertrand to activate it.

He could associate you to nl-NL and create (duplicating nl-NL) and associate you to nl-BE but if they are identical, I don't know if it is necessary.

I made fr-FR, and I could ask to duplicate them for fr-BE and fr-CH but it would be 3 times harder to maintain.

Duplicates can be useful when there are different localizations. 

Example : en-Au has different time and dates format so PlanetClaire asked to be able to manage the resources.

If you speak German, you can also ask to manage the de-DE localizations.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I have already done quite a lot of work on nl-BE, and the content isn't duplicated from nl-NL.  Stuff I translated includes core and modules like Blog, the latter not being translated in nl-NL (or at least not when I downloaded it).  I tried browsing orchardproject.com/localize, but it gives me an internal server error.

I would definitely not mind uploading my translation work for nl-BE if anyone's interested ;)

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Ok, just managed to send off an email to the join list, I am now registered.

I also sent my work to the lists email address.  I hope it gets submitted this way :)

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM
2LM wrote:

Ok, just managed to send off an email to the join list, I am now registered.

I also sent my work to the lists email address.  I hope it gets submitted this way :)

Ok, I'll wait first for your nl-BE submissions.

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I would partecipate to it-IT translations. I have an account on Orchardproject (email verified) but i cannot login (i can't understand why).

Some one could tell me how?

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2012 at 2:07 AM

That's because you did not "ask for write access on this tool for your culture". I approved you for it-IT. Thanks for contributing.

Jul 12, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Created "braian87b" on orchardproject.net
I got the verification email and clicked the activation link but I unable to login too.

I want to do some Latin American (specifically es-AR, Argentina) translation, hope it helps to grow the translations.

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Please give the list of cultures that you'd like to be able to edit.
Jul 12, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Dear BertrandLeRoy,
I requested for Vi-VN (Still translate), how i upload my PO file to http://orchardproject.net/localize page?

Thanks And Regards
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 5:28 AM
You don't upload po files. You edit the strings online. I'll ping Benedek so he can approve your accounts and put you in the right culture groups.
Jul 12, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Edited Jul 12, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Whoa! Thanks Sir! My account is billdo168, please approve me! Thanks again! :)
Developer
Jul 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Hi braian87b and BillDo168!
I approved both of your accounts and gave you the necessary permissions to make translations.

braian87b: please go to the es-AR localization page and check if you can translate the strings.
BillDo168: please go to the vi-VN localization page and check if you can translate the strings.

After you translate the first string, the culture will appear in the list on the localization index page.
If you run into any issues please send me a PM.

Happy translating! :)
Developer
Jul 17, 2013 at 8:48 PM
The online translation tool is updated for 1.7 RC, 965 strings are waiting to be translated!
Coordinator
Jul 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Many thanks to Benedek for making the new strings available for translation, for the first time before the actual release.