Module doesn't seem to be loaded

Topics: Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Mar 26, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I've got a custom module ("Alanta.Web.Corp") that seemed to work correctly in 1.3, but is giving me trouble in 1.4. Specifically, even if I enable the module, it doesn't seem to get loaded or run. For any breakpoints I set anywhere in the module, VS gives me the message: "The breakpoint will not be hit. The source code is different from the original version."

It seems like the issue might be related to this one, but no solution was ever posted:

Any thoughts as to how to troubleshoot this? Did I miss something significant in how to make my module work in 1.4?

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Yup, your module never gets loaded because it doesn't build. Look at your logs and you'll probably see the exception. You can also attach the debugger and break on exceptions.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I ended up getting it to work, but I changed so many things I'm not entirely sure either (a) what broke it, or (b) what fixed it. I think that the issue was most likely with the name of the directory and module. I accidentally ended up giving the directory the module was hosted in a different name from the module itself, and that may have interfered with it. At any rate, it's working now.