Orchard 1.4 Indexing Error

Topics: Troubleshooting
Mar 25, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Edited Mar 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Indexing seems to be working, as I have search ability's, but when I click the admin link I get this error. Disabled all added modules and re-installed Lucene, Indexing and search and still the same error. This error is on a production site, on my local machine with the same modules and configuration it works fine, Checked all orchard files to make sure they were ftp properly. Tag Cloud does not show up either but no log errors on the tag cloud or the indexing, that I can tell.

I am getting this same error on some other sites with Orchard 1.3.10, but some production sites with the exact same configuration and modules everything works fine. Anyone have a clue.

An unhandled exception has occurred and the request was terminated. Please refresh the page. If the error persists, go back

Root element is missing.
System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing. at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options) at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Parse(String text, LoadOptions options) at Orchard.Indexing.Models.IndexSettings.Parse(String content) at Orchard.Indexing.Services.IndexingTaskExecutor.LoadSettings(String indexName) at Orchard.Indexing.Services.IndexingTaskExecutor.GetLastIndexedUtc(String indexName) at Orchard.Indexing.Services.IndexingService.Orchard.Indexing.Services.IIndexingService.GetIndexEntry(String indexName) at Orchard.Indexing.Controllers.AdminController.Index() at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Attach a debugger to figure out what xml file it's complaining about.

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I read my logs and it had something to do with a rule I set for Content Notification. I disabled the rule and checked my Index and the were trashed somehow, so I deleated them and moved Search.settings and index files form a working site; which gave me the ability to access Admin Indexing and it allowed me to rebuild the index and now no more problems. Same errors and fix on Orchard 1.3.10 and 1.4.

Thanks for the help I wish I could have narrowed it down to what really caused the error but debugging on my shared server at WinHost was not working right and have not tried to reproduce the error locally.