Localizaton (online translation tool) oddities

Topics: Localization
Developer
Mar 24, 2012 at 2:55 PM

According to Google "kiraci" is tenant in Turkish. Why exactly is this string in that form in Orchard.Commands.CommandHostAgent? :-)

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I noticed that and other oddities like it. I have no idea where it came from but I'll investigate.

Developer
Mar 24, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Cool!

Developer
Mar 24, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I guess you've seen this one, but just in case:

In Core:

This is the place where you can manage your web site, its appearance and its contents. Please take a moment to explore the different menu items on the left of the screen to familiarize yourself with the features of the application. For example, try to change the theme through the AcÂ?Â?Manage ThemesAcÂ?Â? menu entry. You can also create new pages and manage existing ones through the AcÂ?Â?Manage PagesAcÂ?Â? menu entry or create blogs through AcÂ?Â?Manage BlogsAcÂ?Â?.

The next long strings are also damaged the same way.

Mar 24, 2012 at 9:42 PM

And in Orchard.PublishLater some original strings have the msgid attached to its location.

Then, for the sv-SE it says that Orchard.Users has one untranslated string, but I can't find it. But I might screwed something up (as usual :) ).

Developer
Mar 24, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Also under the same group: there is both "Remove" and "Delete" listed for ~/Core/Navigation/Views/Admin/Index.cshtml. In the current template (v1.4) there is only "Delete", no "Remove", but the translation is not listed as deprecated. I guess this change was made since the link really deletes the item, in contrary to what "remove" means with content items (seemingly deleting).

Developer
Mar 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Also there seems a lot of duplications, like duplicate entry for the same Menu text (~/Core/Navigation/Views/EditorTemplates/Parts/Navigation.Menu.Edit.cshtml)

When fixing all this, Bertrand please take care of not harming the modifications we've made in the few hours (and will tomorrow).

Developer
Mar 25, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Sorry to tweeting here, but I keep finding problematic entries. So just in case you didn't already noticed them, I list them here.

• Routable strings are still there (and not marked as obsolate).
  • I don't know why separators are included in the translation (like | (~/Core/Containers/Views/Parts.Container.Contained.SummaryAdmin.cshtml))
  • Global Settings (~/Core/Settings/Views/EditorTemplates/Parts.Settings.SiteSettingsPart.cshtml) are obsolate but not marked as such (not in template, nor in latest source)
  • Common () has no namespace/location listed
  • Where is Orchard.Core.Shapes.Localization.DateTimeLocalization? I couldn't find it in the current source.
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2012 at 2:34 AM

"When fixing all this, Bertrand please take care of not harming the modifications we've made in the few hours"

How am I supposed to do that?

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Oh, and strings never get marked obsolete in the original translation. For now at least.

Developer
Mar 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I don't know, you're the pro :-).

What do you mean by "original translation"? I've looked at the Hungarian translation, not the en-US one. Or does that mean that marking obsolete does not work now at all?

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I don't understand what you mean by "marking obsolete".

Developer
Mar 25, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Counted as obsolate (as in the translation group list) and otherwise, e.g. at the string shown that this string maybe can be removed because it is not used anymore. I've never seen this in action, but in the OrchardPo source I've seen functionality regarding that.

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2012 at 10:29 AM

You cannot mark it as such. That happens when a string in a translation exists without the string existing in en-us.

Developer
Mar 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM

That's what I really meant. I see that those obsolete strings are indeed in the en-US translation. Aren't they remove when a new uploaded en-US package doesn't contain them?

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM

No they aren't. This way, the same po files can be used with older versions of Orchard.

Developer
Mar 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I see, thanks.

Developer
Mar 29, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Edited Mar 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I found the same as JLedel in the Hungarian translation: LatestTwitter is 100% translated, but in the menu it shows that there's 1 string untranslated.

Developer
Mar 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM

The users module enables user management. (~/Modules/Orchard.ц/Module.txt) In Orchard.Users Either russian are trying to hack the site by injecting random Cyrillic characters into module names or somehow this string's location's name was damages (the string is included in the translation correctly too).