Inside blogpost where to translate more...

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Mar 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Hi, When inside a blogpost I get after 2 lines still the English:  more...

where is this located or where can i change this to a Dutch phrase?

thanks for answering

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2012 at 7:14 PM

If it's just to use a translation, then you need a translation file for it (.po). They are already available for several languages, including Dutch, on the orchardproject.net website. You can also create a dedicated one if you just want to change one word.

If you want to know where something is taken from, then you should install the Designer Tools module, and enable Shape Tracing. Once it's done, go to the front end and hover an element. You'll get a tone on information about why some specific text is displaying, and where is the original template.

Search for "Shape Tracing" on the web and you'll find a lot of info.

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Edited Mar 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Thanks, sebastien, it was hard coded inside /core/common/views/parts.common.Body.summary.cshtml

I've changed it, but wonder why this was hard coded, because now you can't have the use of two languages in this blogpost. Hope to hear from you.
regards

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2012 at 7:52 PM

This is not hard coded. As I said you just need to install a language file. If you look at the code is it @T("more"), T() is a delegate which will look for a translation. If it's not found it uses "more".

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Edited Mar 23, 2012 at 8:02 PM

OK, understood, i will have to add this to the .po file. I now have go look into orchard.module.po for nl-NL, I think

Thanks for your clarification