Error after disabling Feeds module

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Mar 19, 2012 at 1:26 PM

As per subject, and also issue here, I disabled the Feeds module via the Admin, and now can't access my site at all.  I get the following error:

None of the constructors found with 'Orchard.Environment.AutofacUtil.DynamicProxy2.ConstructorFinderWrapper' on type 'Orchard.Core.Containers.Drivers.ContainerPartDriver' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Cannot resolve parameter 'Orchard.Core.Feeds.IFeedManager feedManager' of constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.ContentManagement.MetaData.IContentDefinitionManager, Orchard.IOrchardServices, Orchard.Settings.ISiteService, Orchard.Core.Feeds.IFeedManager)'.
How can I manually re-enable the module?  I can't do it via the admin obviously, nor the command line which gets the same error.

Developer
Mar 19, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I haven't tried this, but you could try re-enabling the module via the "Settings_ShellFeatureStateRecord" table by setting the state column to "Up".

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Thanks, but too late... I've blatted it and started anew - it was just in development thankfully so only a few hours lost!

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Trying to reenable the Feeds module via the "Settings_ShellFeatureStateRecord" table by setting the state column to "Up" but the site is still non functional.

Developer
Apr 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM

That's odd. Perhaps it's cached by Orchard / ASP.NET. Please try recycling the application pool ("touch" web.config). Perhaps also try removing cache.dat (although I think that only is required in certain cases when you updated the db schema manually).

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Has anybody been able to recover from this scenario yet? Have one site with exact same symptom and have tried all suggestions but no luck. Surely there has to be an easy fix for this....

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Edited Apr 18, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Here is a solution that works for Azure deployments. You need SQL Azure Console, Windows Azure Console and Remote Desktop Connection to your server (publish with certificate).

1. (SQL Azure Management) Reenable the Feeds module via the "Settings_ShellFeatureStateRecord" table by setting the state column to "Up"

2. "quote from JLedel" (SQL Azure Management) Add a new entry in the Settings_ShellFeatureRecord table with Name: "Feeds" and set ShellDescriptorFeature_id to the tenant id. It's 1 if you don't use multi tenancy. If you do, find the id that doesn't have a record for Feeds.

2. (Remote Desktop Connection) remove cache.dat

3. (Windows Azure Console) reboot the machine

4. your previous installation should be ready to start serving

Apr 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Edited Apr 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM

This worked for me when I tried:

1. Enable Feeds in Settings_ShellFeatureStateRecord by setting State to "Up".

2. Add a new entry in the Settings_ShellFeatureRecord table with Name: "Feeds" and set ShellDescriptorFeature_id to the tenant id. It's 1 if you don't use multi tenancy. If you do, find the id that doesn't have a record for Feeds.

3. Delete cache.dat

4. The site works again.

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Nice one JLedel, your solution is a triumph. New there had to be a simple solution. Note to self and others, DO NOT disable feeds once they have been enabled. Hopefully this can be addressed in Orchard version 1.5

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

It will.