Is this approach OK?

Topics: General
Mar 15, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Hi all, I have several pages all basically consisting of the same layout in an existing asp.net site:

-----PAGE--------

Title

Photo

Blurb about photo [25 words]

Information [200 words or so]

Heading

Photo

Blurb about photo [25 words]

Information [200 words or so]

… X [10-14] times varying

-----PAGE--------

There will be around 20 pages of the above to begin with.

So, I intend to create a content type and use projections to display the data, but upon testing this, I noticed the textfield’s size in the UI on the admin side is quite small [and would be ridiculous to edit/create content with]…this got me thinking, am I going about this the wrong way? Any thoughts / better suggestions on my approach will be appreciated, cheers pg

Developer
Mar 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Edited Mar 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM

You can change the 'flavor' of the textfield to HTML. You can do so when editing your content type. This will provide you with a fullblown HTML editor. I believe you could also just set the flavor to TextArea if you prefer plain text.

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM

sfmskywalker appears like a rash all over the net when it comes to 'best written Orchard Tutorial' [which I am very appreciative of], and once again, you have helped me tremendously [...I was incorrectly implementing a migration to incorporate such fields which would show in the DB, but incorrectly in the UI; as in, no such 'flavour' options?  So I then added them manually, and 'hey presto', there they were *cringe*. Thanks for setting me straight, I new something wasn't quite right. Cheers pg

Developer
Mar 17, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Ha, never thought I would feel flattered being compared with a rash :). Anyway, it's odd that it should work when adding the fields from the UI, but not when you attach the fields to the part via the migration. It should have worked as well. I'll have to try it out whenever I get the chance. Cheers.