Designer Tools Alternate Generation Failing in 1.4

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting, Writing modules, Writing themes
Mar 14, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I have been in the process of starting a new site in Orchard 1.4 and while familiarizing with some of the new features, I seemed to encounter a strange issue involving the Designer Tools.

I downloaded the tools and installed them as I had done with previous versions of Orchard, and when attempting to create an alternate for one of my zones through Designer Tools, it appeared to fail. (Oops error) I am not sure what could have caused the problem as the error simply prompted to refresh the page.

I attempted creating the alternate view manually and it appeared to work, however I was unable to access any of the properties that were visible through the Designer Tools.

The Model had the available properties of Parent and [0] (which contained all of the contents that I was after). So within the view, I used the following to attempt to pull the Id : @Model[0].ContentItem.Id , @Model.ContentItem.Id and a variety of other attempts, none of which were successful. The closest I could seem to get was simply using @Model, which output a ShapeProxy along with a string of random characters.

I greatly appreciate any assistance in either of these matters and would be glad to provide any other information that might be useful.

Thanks everyone for this great community,

Mar 14, 2012 at 4:01 AM

Please file a bug with detailed repro steps.