Hosting a Private Gallery

Topics: General, Writing modules
Mar 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM

This is more of a suggestion than a discussion, but I think it would be really useful to have a utility like NuGet.Server that would allow us to host private Modules and Themes.  I realize Gallery Server gives this functionality somewhat, but it's extremely difficult to set up and there are a lot of hacks required to get it up and running.

My scenario is this.  I'm building a module for a few clients that will be completely worthless to anyone else.  I don't want to pollute the public gallery with a module that only 2 or 3 websites are going to run.  I don't need a full blown gallery website.  However, when I make an update to the module I want to push to one location and be done.  Ideally, I would pack up my module, and push the .nupkg to my private gallery with a command line tool.  Clients would then log in, and see an update is available.

Would it be possible to throw something like this together?

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Sure, go for it!

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I've setup private galley website and gallery server. I am able to upload nuget packages manually via Gallery website fine but not able to push packages via nuget command line. We tried nuget command line version 1.2, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6. While using 1.2, 1.4 and 1.5, I don't get any error but package doesn't show up. 1.6 prompts for UN and PW and errors out with "Cannot access closed stream". Which version we should be using?

nuget push -source http://localhost/GalleryServer/ Foo.nupkg {key}

What's the best way to publish nuget packages automatically to gallery website(nuget commandline, team city)? 

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Hi Bertrand,

I really appreciate any insight you can provide on the issue I posted earlier.

Coordinator
Mar 27, 2012 at 6:49 AM

I have no idea, sorry.

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM
ok, do you think someone can provide instructions on how orchard gallery was setup? we're working on very large project using orchard involving global team and its very critical to get package management, versioning and deployment right.

Thanks.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:49 AM, bertrandleroy <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have no idea, sorry.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Mar 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM

The folks from NimblePros wrote that code, they may be able to help.