Error loading extensions from gallery source 'Orchard Gallery'. An error occurred while processing this request..

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Mar 10, 2012 at 7:01 AM

I have just installed Orchard and in am getting this error when trying to change to the terra theme,

any ideas folks on how to fix this problem.

Mar 10, 2012 at 7:17 AM

I'm getting this error all of a sudden as well. I wonder if there is something wrong with the feed because my site has been working fine and i haven't touched anything regarding this.

Mar 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Edited Mar 10, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Its not you i can safley assure you of that cause i have only just installed Orchard haven't even began to build my site yet unfortunatley.

some folks thinks it the link to the gallery but have no ide how to amend that?

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2012 at 7:34 AM

No, there is something wrong with the gallery feed.

Mar 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Edited Mar 10, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Cool berttrandleroy,

any idea when this issue will be resolved, looking forward to learning how to use Orchard to build a website for my wifes buisness needs.

look forward to bugging brain cells in here as i am not an advanced user, my basic knowledge is only a little HTML which i done 5 or 6 years ago so as you can imagine ill probably be on here a lot.

Rab

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Well, it's 1 in the morning here, and I've spent the better part of the night fixing the orchardproject.net site already, so you'll forgive me if I don't look at it now. It will have to wait for tomorrow. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2012 at 4:48 PM

It's a redirect issue. While we fix this you can use the real gallery url as explained in Kris' blog: http://blog.krisvandermast.com/OrchardCMSGalleryFeedHasChangedAfterTheMigrationToAzure.aspx

I will also change Orchard to use this url by default.

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Another thing to keep in mind is that while the Install link isn't working right now, the Download link is. You can also download modules and themes by just finding them on the Orchard Gallery site (gallery.orchardproject.net). With a module or theme package file downloaded to your computer, you can visit the "Installed" tab on either the Modules or Themes page in the dashboard and click the corresponding "Install a module/theme from your computer" link. Choose the package file that you downloaded and away you go ...

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Hi Gents,

Error loading extensions from gallery source 'Orchard Gallery'. The remote name could not be resolved: 'packages.orchardproject.net'.

Seems to be down again?

Thanks
PK
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM
You must be using a very old version of Orchard. This url hasn't been used for years, and I disabled it recently to prevent high traffic due to the auto update feature used with this version. The bandwidth it takes is humongous.