Cannot Install The New Orchard 1.4

Topics: Administration, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Mar 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Hello,

I am using the exact same steps that I used before to install Orchard 1.3 successfully. But it is not working with Orchard 1.4

When I browse to Orchard for the first time, I get the normal setup screen. I enter all the information and click 'Finish Setup'. Orchard cooks the recipe and then, I get an ASP.NET error page.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

I cannot find any errors under   App_Data\Logs  and I can see that the database tables were created.

Does anybody know why I am getting this error?

Developer
Mar 9, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Which Recipe ? Default, Core or Blog ?

Can you log to /admin and then, if it works, check that the home page is 'set as Home page' ?

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Thanks agriffard for your response,

I was using the Default Recipe.

When I request the /admin page I get another ASP.NET error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

A 'script' named 'jQuery' could not be found.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: A 'script' named 'jQuery' could not be found.

Source Error:

Line 13:     <meta charset="utf-8" />
Line 14:     <title>@Html.Title(title, siteName)</title> 
Line 15:     @Display(Model.Head)
Line 16:     <script>(function(d){d.className="dyn"+d.className.substring(6,d.className.length);})(document.documentElement);</script> 
Line 17: </head> 

By the way, I just tried installing another Orchard website using WebMatrix and IIS Express and the installation complete without problems. But the installation always fails on IIS.

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Your install seems to be incomplete.

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Probably you are right. But I wonder why it fails to complete the installation. The Windows account used by the application pool has the permission to read and write to all website folders.

The Orchard installer does not give me an error that helps me identify the problem. I just get a "Resource cannot be found" error after the installation is complete.

Can somebody please try to install Orchard 1.4 on IIS 7 and tell me if it works?

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM

It fails to complete the installation because you don't have all the files that it needs. That's what I meant by incomplete, not that it didn't finish. Re-download and start over.

Of course 1.4 works on IIS7.

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I re-downloaded and started over and the problem occurs again.

Developer
Mar 11, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I was having the same problem: it worked on my dev machine, but got a 404 on the production server. I have no idea why, but the following steps worked for me:

1. Changed the Identity setting of the IIS Application Pool from ApplicationPoolIdentity to NetworkService.
  2. Gave the Network Service user full access to the database

Restarted the IIS site, and voila it worked!

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Thank you SkyWalker for your suggestion. But it will not help in my case.

I am using SQL Server Authentication instead of Windows Authentication. So the application pool account is not the account used to access the database.

I used the script 'install.sql' to create the database user and give it the required permissions.

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 2:38 AM

install.sql?? Please follow the instructions here instead:

http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Installing-Orchard

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:56 AM

'install.sql' is included in 'Orchard.Web.1.4.0.zip' downloaded from CodePlex. It is used to create the SQL Server user that will be used to access the database and grant him the necessary privileges.

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 3:07 AM

I know this file exists, but it is only there because it is part of what we need to provide WebPI. It is not used in the case of Orchard, as far as I know. It has most likely nothing to do with the problems you've been having.

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:16 AM

"It has most likely nothing to do with the problems you've been having."

This is exactly what I was trying to say. The problem is NOT that the account used to access the SQL Server database does not have enough privileges. This is what sfmskywalker was suggesting.

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Well, it doesn't find the jQuery registration so one thing I'd do is put a breakpoint in the Orchard.jQuery Resourcemanifest to see if it's getting hit at all.

Mar 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I tried upgrading to 1.4

this is stacktrace in the error log file

2012-03-21 17:14:22,794 [60] Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader - Error loading assembly 'Orchard.Packaging'
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Orchard.Packaging' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Orchard.Packaging'
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader.LoadWorker(String shortName, String fullName) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\IAssemblyLoader.cs:line 56
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Load>b__2(String shortName) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\IAssemblyLoader.cs:line 26
   at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory)
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader.Load(String assemblyName) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\IAssemblyLoader.cs:line 26

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = HOSTGATOR\IWPD_143(abhishek)
LOG: DisplayName = Orchard.Packaging
 (Partial)
WRN: Partial binding information was supplied for an assembly:
WRN: Assembly Name: Orchard.Packaging | Domain ID: 29
WRN: A partial bind occurs when only part of the assembly display name is provided.
WRN: This might result in the binder loading an incorrect assembly.
WRN: It is recommended to provide a fully specified textual identity for the assembly,
WRN: that consists of the simple name, version, culture, and public key token.
WRN: See whitepaper http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=109270 for more information and common solutions to this issue.
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Inetpub/vhosts/abhishekluv.in/httpdocs/Abhishekluv/Orchard/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Inetpub\vhosts\abhishekluv.in\httpdocs\Abhishekluv\Orchard\bin
Calling assembly : Orchard.Framework, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\abhishekluv.in\httpdocs\Abhishekluv\Orchard\web.config
LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.

2012-03-21 17:14:22,842 [60] Orchard.Environment.Extensions.Compilers.DefaultExtensionCompiler - Assembly reference 'Orchard.Packaging' for project '/Modules/Orchard.Recipes/Orchard.Recipes.csproj' cannot be loaded
2012-03-21 17:14:22,884 [60] Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader - Error loading assembly 'Orchard.Packaging'
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Orchard.Packaging' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Orchard.Packaging'
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader.LoadWorker(String shortName, String fullName) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\IAssemblyLoader.cs:line 56
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Load>b__2(String shortName) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\IAssemblyLoader.cs:line 26
   at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory)
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader.Load(String assemblyName) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\IAssemblyLoader.cs:line 26

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = HOSTGATOR\IWPD_143(abhishek)
LOG: DisplayName = Orchard.Packaging
 (Partial)
WRN: Partial binding information was supplied for an assembly:
WRN: Assembly Name: Orchard.Packaging | Domain ID: 29
WRN: A partial bind occurs when only part of the assembly display name is provided.
WRN: This might result in the binder loading an incorrect assembly.
WRN: It is recommended to provide a fully specified textual identity for the assembly,
WRN: that consists of the simple name, version, culture, and public key token.
WRN: See whitepaper http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=109270 for more information and common solutions to this issue.
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Inetpub/vhosts/abhishekluv.in/httpdocs/Abhishekluv/Orchard/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Inetpub\vhosts\abhishekluv.in\httpdocs\Abhishekluv\Orchard\bin
Calling assembly : Orchard.Framework, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\abhishekluv.in\httpdocs\Abhishekluv\Orchard\web.config
LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.

2012-03-21 17:14:22,885 [60] Orchard.Environment.Extensions.Compilers.DefaultExtensionCompiler - Assembly reference 'Orchard.Packaging' for project '/Modules/Orchard.Recipes/Orchard.Recipes.csproj' cannot be loaded
2012-03-21 17:14:24,318 [100] Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost - A tenant could not be started: Default
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Orchard.Services.IHomePageProvider' from assembly 'Orchard.Framework, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at System.Signature.GetSignature(SignatureStruct& signature, Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
   at System.Signature..ctor(IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.GetParametersNoCopy()
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.GetParameters()
   at Orchard.Caching.CacheModule.<AttachToComponentRegistration>b__0(ConstructorInfo x) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Caching\CacheModule.cs:line 16
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Orchard.Caching.CacheModule.AttachToComponentRegistration(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry, IComponentRegistration registration) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Caching\CacheModule.cs:line 14
   at Autofac.Module.<AttachToRegistrations>b__0(Object sender, ComponentRegisteredEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at Autofac.Core.Registration.ComponentRegistry.AddRegistration(IComponentRegistration registration, Boolean preserveDefaults)
   at Autofac.Core.Registration.ComponentRegistry.Register(IComponentRegistration registration, Boolean preserveDefaults)
   at Autofac.Core.Registration.ScopeRestrictedRegistry.Register(IComponentRegistration registration, Boolean preserveDefaults)
   at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.RegisterSingleComponent[TLimit,TActivatorData,TSingleRegistrationStyle](IComponentRegistry cr, IRegistrationBuilder`3 rb)
   at Autofac.RegistrationExtensions.<>c__DisplayClassd.<RegisterType>b__c(IComponentRegistry cr)
   at Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry, Boolean excludeDefaultModules)
   at Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Update(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry)
   at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.CreateScopeRestrictedRegistry(Object tag, Action`1 configurationAction)
   at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.BeginLifetimeScope(Object tag, Action`1 configurationAction)
   at Orchard.Environment.ShellBuilders.ShellContainerFactory.CreateContainer(ShellSettings settings, ShellBlueprint blueprint) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\ShellBuilders\ShellContainerFactory.cs:line 47
   at Orchard.Environment.ShellBuilders.ShellContextFactory.CreateShellContext(ShellSettings settings) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\ShellBuilders\ShellContextFactory.cs:line 61
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.CreateShellContext(ShellSettings settings) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:line 174
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.CreateAndActivateShells() in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:line 134
2012-03-21 17:14:24,478 [100] Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost - A tenant could not be started: Default
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Orchard.Services.IHomePageProvider' from assembly 'Orchard.Framework, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at System.Signature.GetSignature(SignatureStruct& signature, Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
   at System.Signature..ctor(IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
   at Orchard.Caching.CacheModule.<AttachToComponentRegistration>b__0(ConstructorInfo x) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Caching\CacheModule.cs:line 16
   at Orchard.Caching.CacheModule.AttachToComponentRegistration(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry, IComponentRegistration registration) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Caching\CacheModule.cs:line 14
   at Autofac.Module.<AttachToRegistrations>b__0(Object sender, ComponentRegisteredEventArgs e)
   at Autofac.Core.Registration.ComponentRegistry.AddRegistration(IComponentRegistration registration, Boolean preserveDefaults)
   at Autofac.Core.Registration.ComponentRegistry.Register(IComponentRegistration registration, Boolean preserveDefaults)
   at Autofac.Core.Registration.ScopeRestrictedRegistry.Register(IComponentRegistration registration, Boolean preserveDefaults)
   at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.RegisterSingleComponent[TLimit,TActivatorData,TSingleRegistrationStyle](IComponentRegistry cr, IRegistrationBuilder`3 rb)
   at Autofac.RegistrationExtensions.<>c__DisplayClassd.<RegisterType>b__c(IComponentRegistry cr)
   at Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry, Boolean excludeDefaultModules)
   at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.CreateScopeRestrictedRegistry(Object tag, Action`1 configurationAction)
   at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.BeginLifetimeScope(Object tag, Action`1 configurationAction)
   at Orchard.Environment.ShellBuilders.ShellContainerFactory.CreateContainer(ShellSettings settings, ShellBlueprint blueprint) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\ShellBuilders\ShellContainerFactory.cs:line 47
   at Orchard.Environment.ShellBuilders.ShellContextFactory.CreateShellContext(ShellSettings settings) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\ShellBuilders\ShellContextFactory.cs:line 61
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.CreateShellContext(ShellSettings settings) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:line 174
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.CreateAndActivateShells() in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:line 134
2012-03-21 17:14:24,599 [100] Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost - A tenant could not be started: Default
2012-03-21 17:22:57,230 [60] Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost - A tenant could not be started: Default
Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: None of the constructors found with 'Orchard.Environment.AutofacUtil.DynamicProxy2.ConstructorFinderWrapper' on type 'Orchard.Email.Rules.MailActions' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Cannot resolve parameter 'Orchard.Security.IMembershipService membershipService' of constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.Messaging.Services.IMessageManager, Orchard.IOrchardServices, Orchard.Security.IMembershipService)'.
   at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ReflectionActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.<Execute>b__6()
   at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func`1 creator)
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute()
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Features.Collections.CollectionRegistrationSource.<>c__DisplayClass4.<>c__DisplayClass6.<RegistrationsFor>b__1(IComponentRegistration cr)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Autofac.Features.Collections.CollectionRegistrationSource.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RegistrationsFor>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
   at Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Registration.ExternalRegistrySource.<>c__DisplayClass8.<RegistrationsFor>b__3(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
   at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<ForDelegate>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
   at Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at lambda_method(Closure )
   at Orchard.Events.DefaultOrchardEventBus.<NotifyHandlers>d__0.MoveNext() in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Events\DefaultOrchardEventBus.cs:line 37
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Orchard.Events.DefaultOrchardEventBus.Notify(String messageName, IDictionary`2 eventData) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Events\DefaultOrchardEventBus.cs:line 26
   at Orchard.Events.EventsInterceptor.Intercept(IInvocation invocation) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Events\EventsInterceptor.cs:line 26
   at Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed()
   at IOrchardShellEventsProxy0d61369a9b0d43d2b30da67b02f78408.Activated()
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardShell.Activate() in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardShell.cs:line 45
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.ActivateShell(ShellContext context) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:line 155
   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.CreateAndActivateShells() in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:line 135
2012-03-21 17:33:30,115 [20] Orchard.Data.Migration.DataMigrationManager - An unexpected error orccured while applying migration on Orchard.Comments from version 2
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'CommentsPartRecord_id' in table 'Abhishek_Orchard_Comments_CommentPartRecord' is specified more than once.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Orchard.Data.Migration.Interpreters.DefaultDataMigrationInterpreter.RunPendingStatements() in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Data\Migration\Interpreters\DefaultDataMigrationInterpreter.cs:line 346
   at Orchard.Data.Migration.Interpreters.DefaultDataMigrationInterpreter.Visit(AlterTableCommand command) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Data\Migration\Interpreters\DefaultDataMigrationInterpreter.cs:line 135
   at Orchard.Data.Migration.Interpreters.AbstractDataMigrationInterpreter.Visit(ISchemaBuilderCommand command) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Data\Migration\Interpreters\AbstractDataMigrationInterpreter.cs:line 17
   at Orchard.Data.Migration.Schema.SchemaBuilder.AlterTable(String name, Action`1 table) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Data\Migration\Schema\SchemaBuilder.cs:line 26
   at Orchard.Comments.Migrations.UpdateFrom2()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Orchard.Data.Migration.DataMigrationManager.Update(String feature) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Data\Migration\DataMigrationManager.cs:line 105
2012-03-21 17:33:30,119 [20] Orchard.Data.Migration.AutomaticDataMigrations - Could not run migrations automatically on Orchard.Comments
2012-03-21 17:34:30,137 [117] Contrib.KeepAlive.Services.KeepAliveExecutor - Could not ping keep alive service at url [http://www.abhishekluv.in/keepalive]
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Contrib.KeepAlive.Services.KeepAliveExecutor.Sweep()
2012-03-21 17:35:40,697 [100] Orchard.Data.Migration.DataMigrationManager - An unexpected error orccured while applying migration on Orchard.Comments from version 2
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'CommentsPartRecord_id' in table 'Abhishek_Orchard_Comments_CommentPartRecord' is specified more than once.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Orchard.Data.Migration.Interpreters.DefaultDataMigrationInterpreter.RunPendingStatements() in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Data\Migration\Interpreters\DefaultDataMigrationInterpreter.cs:line 346
   at Orchard.Data.Migration.Interpreters.DefaultDataMigrationInterpreter.Visit(AlterTableCommand command) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Data\Migration\Interpreters\DefaultDataMigrationInterpreter.cs:line 135
   at Orchard.Data.Migration.Interpreters.AbstractDataMigrationInterpreter.Visit(ISchemaBuilderCommand command) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Data\Migration\Interpreters\AbstractDataMigrationInterpreter.cs:line 17
   at Orchard.Data.Migration.Schema.SchemaBuilder.AlterTable(String name, Action`1 table) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Data\Migration\Schema\SchemaBuilder.cs:line 26
   at Orchard.Comments.Migrations.UpdateFrom2()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Orchard.Data.Migration.DataMigrationManager.Update(String feature) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Data\Migration\DataMigrationManager.cs:line 105
2012-03-21 17:35:40,722 [100] Orchard.Data.Migration.AutomaticDataMigrations - Could not run migrations automatically on Orchard.Comments

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I can see the register and sign in page but not the home page

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Expected. If you read the documentation for upgrading, you'll see that you need to go to /admin manually.

Mar 21, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Thanks Sebastienros

I was lost in the steps though it was an easy upgrade not too difficult to complete :)

Successfully upgraded to version 1.4.0.0

performance is awesome...site loads faster then before

new awesome feature i love : projections,queries,alias my home page uses projection

comments moderation message fixed

but this message shows up on the top : Some features need to be upgraded: Orchard.Comments

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

Well, it doesn't find the jQuery registration so one thing I'd do is put a breakpoint in the Orchard.jQuery Resourcemanifest to see if it's getting hit at all.

I do not know how to debug Orchard. I am running it outside visual Studio. But I can see the following log in the Event Viewer (Windows Logs -> Application) after I request the /admin page

Event code: 3005 
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 
Event time: 3/30/2012 2:09:55 PM 
Event time (UTC): 3/30/2012 12:09:55 PM 
Event ID: 537bcd7b9a9d410daa7d74be588f6de8 
Event sequence: 217 
Event occurrence: 2 
Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-129775815397408833 
    Trust level: Full 
    Application Virtual Path: / 
    Application Path: C:\Users\Bassem\Desktop\Orchard\ 
    Machine name: BASSEM-NOTEBOOK 

Process information: 
    Process ID: 8876 
    Process name: w3wp.exe 
    Account name: IIS APPPOOL\OrchardFirst 

Exception information: 
    Exception type: TargetInvocationException 
    Exception message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
   at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.ShapeAttributeStrategy.ShapeAttributeBindingStrategy.PerformInvoke(DisplayContext displayContext, MethodInfo methodInfo, Object serviceInstance) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Descriptors\ShapeAttributeStrategy\ShapeAttributeBindingStrategy.cs:line 65
   at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.ShapeAlterationBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass3.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__2(DisplayContext displayContext) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Descriptors\ShapeAlterationBuilder.cs:line 55
   at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultDisplayManager.Process(ShapeBinding shapeBinding, IShape shape, DisplayContext context) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DefaultDisplayManager.cs:line 179
   at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultDisplayManager.Execute(DisplayContext context) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DefaultDisplayManager.cs:line 88
   at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DisplayHelper.ShapeExecute(Object shape) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DisplayHelper.cs:line 71
   at ClaySharp.ClayBehaviorCollection.<>c__DisplayClass14.<>c__DisplayClass16.b__13() in C:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Clay\src\ClaySharp\ClayBehaviorCollection.cs:line 29
   at ClaySharp.ClayBehaviorCollection.Execute(Func`1 proceed, Func`3 linker) in C:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Clay\src\ClaySharp\ClayBehaviorCollection.cs:line 13
   at Orchard.Core.Shapes.CoreShapes.DocumentZone(Object Display, Object Shape, TextWriter Output) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Shapes\CoreShapes.cs:line 242

A 'script' named 'jQuery' could not be found.
   at Orchard.UI.Resources.ResourceManager.BuildRequiredResources(String resourceType) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\UI\Resources\ResourceManager.cs:line 261
   at Orchard.Core.Shapes.CoreShapes.WriteResources(Object Display, TextWriter Output, String resourceType, Nullable`1 includeLocation, Nullable`1 excludeLocation) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Shapes\CoreShapes.cs:line 355
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , CoreShapes , Object , TextWriter , String , ResourceLocation , Object )
   at Orchard.Core.Shapes.CoreShapes.HeadScripts(Object Display, TextWriter Output) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Shapes\CoreShapes.cs:line 287

Request information: 
    Request URL: http://localhost:5555/admin 
    Request path: /admin 
    User host address: 127.0.0.1 
    User: admin 
    Is authenticated: True 
    Authentication Type: Forms 
    Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\OrchardFirst 

Thread information: 
    Thread ID: 41 
    Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\OrchardFirst 
    Is impersonating: False 
    Stack trace:    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
   at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.ShapeAttributeStrategy.ShapeAttributeBindingStrategy.PerformInvoke(DisplayContext displayContext, MethodInfo methodInfo, Object serviceInstance) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Descriptors\ShapeAttributeStrategy\ShapeAttributeBindingStrategy.cs:line 65
   at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.ShapeAlterationBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass3.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__2(DisplayContext displayContext) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Descriptors\ShapeAlterationBuilder.cs:line 55
   at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultDisplayManager.Process(ShapeBinding shapeBinding, IShape shape, DisplayContext context) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DefaultDisplayManager.cs:line 179
   at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultDisplayManager.Execute(DisplayContext context) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DefaultDisplayManager.cs:line 88
   at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DisplayHelper.ShapeExecute(Object shape) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DisplayHelper.cs:line 71
   at ClaySharp.ClayBehaviorCollection.<>c__DisplayClass14.<>c__DisplayClass16.b__13() in C:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Clay\src\ClaySharp\ClayBehaviorCollection.cs:line 29
   at ClaySharp.ClayBehaviorCollection.Execute(Func`1 proceed, Func`3 linker) in C:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Clay\src\ClaySharp\ClayBehaviorCollection.cs:line 13
   at Orchard.Core.Shapes.CoreShapes.DocumentZone(Object Display, Object Shape, TextWriter Output) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Shapes\CoreShapes.cs:line 242

Custom event details: