Themes only displayed after login

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Mar 6, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Hello,

I have installed Orchard on a VPS and when the site is first opened the page shows all the text and links, but it is not formatted (I am just using Theme Machine). If I login the page displays correctly and I can log out and the whole site renders correctly. If I clear my browser data the site goes back to being unformatted. How do I remedy this?

Giles

Developer
Mar 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Edited Mar 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I've seen this happen as well, although I can't remember what I did exactly to fix it. I think I just cleared the files in App_Data (except for the site settings which contains the database connection string). Perhaps I also disabled the theme and then re-enabled it, or even deleted the entire theme, then copy it back. All sorts of unlogical things, but within 2 minutes I got it working again. Oh, before you delete App_Data, first check if there are any errors in the logs. On more than one occasion, the error logs gave me some useful clues.

Coordinator
Mar 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Check your IIS settings (allow anonymous, etc.)

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM

The IIS is configured for Anonymous. I have disabled/enabled the theme and checked the logs - all to no avail. I have not been able to delete the App-Data as it says it is being used by another application - not sure how to stop whatever is using it?