Login session behaving strange

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Developer
Mar 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Hi!

During updating an Orchard instance to 1.4, we came across something strange:
I was working on updating our site with my friend, we use Tortoise Hg for source control. My friend pushed some changes to the repository, while he was logged in to our site. I wasn't logged in at that time and when I pulled the changes and refreshed the site I was logged in with his user.
We are in the same room, using the same internet connection, connected through a router.

Thanks and waiting for your replies,

Wolf

Coordinator
Mar 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Have your friend ever logged to the website using your machine ?

Coordinator
Mar 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Can you find another friend ? Maybe this one is not a really good one ?

Coordinator
Mar 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I have a lot of friends on the Internet, we use the same giant router, do you think I could hack their account ?

Coordinator
Mar 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM

We are taking this issue very seriously though !

Developer
Mar 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Edited Mar 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Hey Sebastien, are you on some kind of release party? :)

Nope, he hasn't or if he had it was so long ago that we don't remember. Still, we are eager to know how is it possible to transmit the login session via the source. :P

Developer
Mar 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I don't think this is an issue with the friend ;-). Actually we also managed to log out my account from the other machine. Also snapshots of the DB (.sdf) were transferred through source control.

Developer
Mar 3, 2012 at 9:04 AM

A forgotten major detail: we were running the site on localhost, both of us on our own computers. So to sum up: the user session somehow got transferred from one localhost instance to the other one, while files from the App_Data folder (and some code files from modules) were exchanged.