Few Questions...

Topics: Troubleshooting
Mar 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Edited Mar 2, 2012 at 11:18 AM

The text editor, (I believe is TinyMCE) has gone missing, when I write a new blog. This is the area of options at the top of the text box to make things bold, italic, etc.. 

Oddly enough, if I run the site locally, under WebMatrix, the editor is present. Just not online when I login to the dashboard. 

The tinyMCE folder is present in the /webroot/Modules/TinyMce directory. 

--

Also, how can I have a page, in my Navigation setup... which redirects to another directory. Right now I have my resume in a /resume folder. When I add a Navigation item to the menu, which goes to www.mydomain.com/resume or similar .. it will cause a application error, as that isn't found. This would be due to the rewrite rules I'm sure.. is it possible to have that item up there, so when someone selects "Resume" it goes to the resume folder? (Which isn't part of Orchard)

-

And finally, I can't seem to install Orchard 1.4. I followed the tutorial to upgrade a site in place. I deleted the contents of the bin folder (on the server), put up App_offline.htm, and then copied the new 1.4 files (while over writing).. And it causes a error of:

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /

I'd appreciate any help on this. I'm not a programmer by any means, so please keep that in mind :) Thanks in advance.   

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Just wanted to bump this thread, in the hopes someone has some advice :) 

Thanks! 

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Try clearing browser cache and cookies. At one point when I made changes to my code i had the same problem where the TinyMce toolbars weren't displaying. It was caused because my browser had cached some outdated scripts. Not sure if it's the same issue you're facing, but worth a shot. 

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Also open up your browser's developer console (hit the F12 key), go to the Network tab, and refresh the page that is missing the tinymce stuff. See if there are any files listed there that aren't downloading. 

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:02 AM

You, are a genius :) That resolved the disappearance of TinyMCE

As far as the other questions, if anyone has any advice, please let me know :)