Access problem for various files

Topics: Administration, Troubleshooting
Feb 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Hello, I have installed Orchard CMS on a IIS7 Express Server. I have installed Orchard using IIS Manager (contextual menu "Install Application From Gallery"). I have changed the application pool in which Orchard is running, and have given the user of the app pool the ability to write in App_Data, Media, Modules and Themes folders. The problem is that when I try to access the website, without being authenticated, the site is showing with no theme (only text). The images are not shown neither. When I try to access the CSS file by entering his URL in Internet Explorer, I am redirected to the login page. Once I log in, the whole site shows correctly. How can this be? I am new to Orchard or IIS, as I come from a Linux background, but I understand well system issues (especially file's permissions). Can anybody help me? 

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Is IIS configured to allow anonymous access?

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Thank you very much for your time. I found the solution to my problem. The problem was this: anonymous access was done by the IUSR account (as configured in the "Authentication" part in IIS7 Manager, editing setting "Anonymous Authentication"). This user account didn't have access permission to orchard files. I added Read&Execute permission for this user and everything works. Thank you very much once again.