Can I recover from publishing a page with bad html?

Topics: Troubleshooting
Feb 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM

I was working on some simple pages containing html widgets. I was using some custom css but left off one of the closing tags on a p element. This wiped out a number of things following that opening tag. Is there a way for me to "go back" to the last working version of the page? I thought maybe there was something similar to the migration class used when creating modules.

Thanks,

Bob

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2012 at 4:20 AM

There is a module on the gallery that enables you to restore previous versions of content items (provided they are versionable). It's not clear from your description what you destroyed. Database restores are another solution if that fails.

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I had a page with a Body and I had been adding new content to the Body. I was applying css classes to some of the html elements and when I saved and then published the page I did so not realizing that I left off the closing angle bracket to the opening p tag.

I have not looked for the module you mention, but I did find the older content in the database so was able to copy what I needed into my notepad editor then re-paste that back into the body of my page. I got it working again. I'll have to look up that module since I feel this could happen to one of my clients if it could happen to me.

Thanks