Inline editing for content item list

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Feb 21, 2012 at 5:53 AM

I have created a product list in Orchard and I would like to customize the list so that I can add a new products, edit the product, remove the product on the same page without having to go to the dashboard. 

How should I go about implementing this? 

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:38 AM

This would be an awesome feature. I have wondered about how to do it, but haven't looked in that area of the code.

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:03 PM

This is similar to a question I asked yesterday. Didn't get any technical advice. I haven't gotten to trying anything yet but in the back of my mind I've been thinking to try something similar to the N:N relationship sample from the docs, and use an MVC grid like Telerik's or MvcContrib's. The only thing i'm not sure about is how posting a collection of items is done in MVC, especially if some of them are created on the client side. 

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:20 PM

This isn't particularly hard to do using jQuery if you are okay with editing/adding one row at a time. You can build a nice Ajaxy UI like this using jQuery in Orchard. You should be able to post multiple rows at once too, but it's easier to implement, and I think a better UI, to just post them one at a time as the user is done editing/adding/removing a row.