Taxonomies working on 1.x?

Topics: General
Feb 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Has any1 already got taxonomies module from the gallery working in branch 1.x? When I install it I don't get the usual taxonomies Admin menu item.

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM

If you're on 1.x, you need the latest from the taxonomies repositories, not the version that is on the gallery. It works just fine.

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:06 AM

k, here's what I did:

1. working on branch 1.x of Orchard
  2. cloned the orchardtaxonomies code from https://hg01.codeplex.com/orchardtaxonomies into my directory Orchard.Web\Modules\orchardtaxonomies
  3. updated to branch 1.x of orchardtaxonomies (07a5a9edb823)
  4. Opened the Orchard solution in Visual Studio
  5. Added the Orchard.Taxonomies project to the solution
  6. started the app.
  7. I saw the module and enabled the feature.

I expected the taxonomy admin menu item but nothing appeared.

Question is if I'm taking the right approach.

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM

As I understand it works a bit differently now, using content types/parts instead of the old admin screen. Maybe the menu isn't needed anymore?

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:22 PM

mmh, skimming through the contentparts I don't see anything that relates to taxonomies at first sight... Checked the documentation imw but this is still the old documentation, so no cue there.

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:33 PM

First thing to check is, are there any errors in App_Data\Logs? Perhaps an exception is being thrown which is stopping the module from running.

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM

good tip randompete !

I checked the logs and found in the debug log file an entry ".. No loader found for extension "orchardtaxonomies"

Although the project name is Contrib.Taxonomies the directory name (on my system) is orchardtaxonomies (default one from the codeplex download). I excluded the project from the solution, renamed the directory to "Contrib.Taxonomies" and added to project again to the solution.

restrarted and the taxonomies menu item appreared in the admin !

problem solved.