My Blog root disappear but not his blogpost childs (Hack or issue?)

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Feb 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Hello,

I was working with a blog in my orchard site, the blog was located in a root route like "MySite.com/myblog/"

Right now when i try to surf to "MySite.com/myblog/" im getting an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Orchard.ContentManagement.DefaultContentManager.Get(Int32 id, VersionOptions options) in c:\Users\sebros\Desktop\1.3.10\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\DefaultContentManager.cs:149
   Orchard.ContentManagement.DefaultContentQuery.<Slice>b__0(ContentItemVersionRecord x) in c:\Users\sebros\Desktop\1.3.10\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\DefaultContentQuery.cs:141
   System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() +110
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +327
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
   Orchard.ContentManagement.DefaultContentQuery.Slice(Int32 skip, Int32 count) in c:\Users\sebros\Desktop\1.3.10\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\DefaultContentQuery.cs:139
   Orchard.ContentManagement.ContentQuery`1.Orchard.ContentManagement.IContentQuery<T>.Slice(Int32 skip, Int32 count) in c:\Users\sebros\Desktop\1.3.10\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\DefaultContentQuery.cs:188
   Orchard.Core.Routable.Controllers.ItemController.Display(String path) in c:\Users\sebros\Desktop\1.3.10\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Routable\Controllers\ItemController.cs:56
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +86
   System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +17
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +188
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +56
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +267
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() +20
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +267
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +190
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +329
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +94
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +31
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   Orchard.Mvc.Routes.HttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) in c:\Users\sebros\Desktop\1.3.10\src\Orchard\Mvc\Routes\ShellRoute.cs:148
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8969117
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272 

But if i try to surf inside one "ghost" blogpost: "MySite.com/myblog/myblogpost/" it works!!!

Inside the Admin Panel the blog does not exists, i had the blog pinned to the admin menu, now is not visible in any place.

so it seems like the blogpost childs exists but what happened with the root route?

I will appreciate your help!

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Your database is probably corrupted. Attach a debugger and find out, or restore a backup.

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Hi, i have no back up from my db.. is there any way of exports the blog post to a new database (new fresh installation of orchard)?

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Sure, there is an import/export feature.

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:46 AM

well, i want to learn how to export my data but is not any way of fix any issue in my current database?.. i do not want to install everything again.. i have my theme customized, a couple of widgets... its a lot of effort... could you guide me?

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I installed the Import Export Module, but i cant export the blog/blogpost because of the same error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Try exporting only the posts, not the blog.

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:44 AM

nothing changed... is the same error. if i create a new blog it works fine.. but i am worried about the database im using could be corrupted... so how fix this issue.

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Usually, the way you fix a corrupted database is by restoring a backup, but since you can't do that, you will probably need to attach a debugger to the code and see what item it's choking on.

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:43 AM

well.. i hope we can get a tool for do this in future versions by now i will install the CMS again :(