Default list for new content item

Topics: General
Feb 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I've created my custom "Book Review" content type, and I have a "Recent Book Reviews" list.  I've created a "Reviewers" role so that Reviewers can log in and create/edit/delete Book Reviews.  However, it seems like an unnecessary step to have to ensure that the "Add to" box shows "List: Recent Book Reviews" for every review.  Is there a way to change the default from "(None)" to "List: Recent Book Reviews"?  Or even better - to not even allow the choice, i.e., all Book Reviews are automatically contained by Recent Book Reviews?

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:46 PM

List is a bucket, you put stuff into it, on case by case basis. This won't be changed. What you would really want is the Projector module, which will be available in next release, or currently by using the source code on branch 1.x.

Is it a solution for you to use the current source code version or is your website already in productions ?

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Nope, my site is not in production yet.  I have no problem using the current source code version - is it a simple matter to download, build and upgrade over my existing installation?  If it's not, that's no problem either, I can download, build and replace just as easily :)