Error 404 with latest version of autoroute branch

Topics: Troubleshooting
Developer
Feb 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I have pulled the latest version of autoroute branch from the Orchard codeplex repository that have been merged Yesterday.

1) It's strange but I had to pull manually the autoroute branch in Orchard.Tokens or else it used the branch 1.x and I couldn't compile the Autoroute module. I guess it will need a merge or a synchronization.

2) I now have an error 404 when I launch my site that worked previously.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. 

Requested URL: /

I have the error on every page (/admin, ...)

@Seb or @Pete : Any ideas to make it work ?

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM

1) Sebastien merged all the forks but maybe he forgot about tokens, will check.

2) That implies that something is failing, causing no modules to work, if even logon and admin are missing; also there should be a fallback route in 1.x for missing pages. Have you any errors in Logs? Can you check if any tables have been created or updated, e.g. the AutoroutePartRecord table and AliasRecord?

Developer
Feb 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I should have looked the logs before.

I have tested on 2 different instances.

1) Error in log when trying to use the tables Autoroute.

I created an issue to join the error log: http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/18407

But it is may be my fault. I had a wrong old schema of the table Autoroute created previously with old column names.

I'll check this.

2) Error saying : Could not load type 'Orchard.Core.Routable.Services.IRoutableService

2012-02-04 20:47:58,474 [9] Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost - A tenant could not be started: DefaultSystem.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Orchard.Core.Routable.Services.IRoutableService' from assembly 'Orchard.Core, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.   at System.Signature.GetSignature(SignatureStruct& signature, Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)   at System.Signature..ctor(IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.GetParametersNoCopy()   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.GetParameters()   at Orchard.Caching.CacheModule.<AttachToComponentRegistration>b__0(ConstructorInfo x) in C:\DEV\Applications\Portals\Orchard\Orchard\src\Orchard\Caching\CacheModule.cs:line 16   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)   at Orchard.Caching.CacheModule.AttachToComponentRegistration(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry, IComponentRegistration registration) in C:\DEV\Applications\Portals\Orchard\Orchard\src\Orchard\Caching\CacheModule.cs:line 14   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)   at Autofac.Core.Registration.ComponentRegistry.AddRegistration(IComponentRegistration registration, Boolean preserveDefaults)   at Autofac.Core.Registration.ComponentRegistry.Register(IComponentRegistration registration, Boolean preserveDefaults)   at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.RegisterSingleComponent[TLimit,TActivatorData,TSingleRegistrationStyle](IComponentRegistry cr, IRegistrationBuilder`3 rb)   at Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry, Boolean excludeDefaultModules)   at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.CreateScopeRestrictedRegistry(Object tag, Action`1 configurationAction)   at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.BeginLifetimeScope(Object tag, Action`1 configurationAction)   at Orchard.Environment.ShellBuilders.ShellContainerFactory.CreateContainer(ShellSettings settings, ShellBlueprint blueprint) in C:\DEV\Applications\Portals\Orchard\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\ShellBuilders\ShellContainerFactory.cs:line 47   at Orchard.Environment.ShellBuilders.ShellContextFactory.CreateShellContext(ShellSettings settings) in C:\DEV\Applications\Portals\Orchard\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\ShellBuilders\ShellContextFactory.cs:line 61   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.CreateShellContext(ShellSettings settings) in C:\DEV\Applications\Portals\Orchard\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:line 174   at Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.CreateAndActivateShells() in C:\DEV\Applications\Portals\Orchard\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:line 134

And the comment of the last changeset is : 

Removing Routable
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Sorry guys, I had to leave work before finishing the merge. Will do it this weekend, don't use the autoroute branch right now. Thanks.