Using MediaGarden.Players.FlowPlayer

Topics: General
Feb 3, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I've been working on the video player for MediaGarden and so faw I still can't make it work. Anyone there who got the module to play an flv video?

Also, does anyone know if there's documentation for the MediaGarden suite?

Feb 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Hi, I'm the author. The version you're using has a lot of issues. There was a specific bug in FlowPlayer that I fixed lately (nobody ever reported it to me until now and I've not been using FlowPlayer myself, I have a custom media player that I generally use, which is why I didn't realise sooner) The latest version on my Codeplex site has most issues fixed; unfortunately it's only properly compatible with the Orchard Autoroute fork, which will become the Orchard 1.4 release proper. There will be a huge amount of changes in the next gallery release of Media Garden (and some of my other modules) but it'll be after Orchard 1.4.

Anyway you can just apply the fix to Views/Media-FlowPlayer.cshtml as follows. The flowplayer call inside the <script> should be as follows:

flowplayer("@playerId", "@Url.Content("~/Modules/MediaGarden.Players.FlowPlayer/Content/flowplayer/flowplayer-3.2.7.swf")", {
         clip: {

Regarding documentation, well there is some at and it guides you through importing media, but I haven't updated it in a while. Of course, it's all open source and I'd be truly grateful to anyone who wanted to help out with documentation ;) If you have any other questions please ask ...

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Thanks for addressing the issue. Looks like there will be a lot of new additions to 1.4.