Making noise around Orchard

Topics: Announcements
Jan 31, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I've recently been in touch with Bertrand about raising more awareness for the Orchard Project, and he suggested I should put a call out here.

I've noticed that there's already some great articles being posted on orchardproject.net and, as an editor for Simple-Talk, I wanted to mention that we'd love to feature similar content and put it in front of our audience (I can talk more about numbers if anyone is interested).

We'd be able to offer authors payment when we publish their work (in the region of $350), and I'm happy to talk over potential topics beforehand (FWIW, we typically publish .NET posts and articles written by developers for developers)

Shout if you're interested or just want to know more.

Developer
Jan 31, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Hi,

I'm currently writing a series on writing a custom module from scratch, of which 9 parts are already published. So, how does it work? Are you looking for articles that are to be exclusively published by Simple-Talk, or will already-published articles be of interest to you as well?

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Although you said it's mainly dev focused, I'd be happy to talk about how incredibly easy it is to take current html5 and css design examples and "modulate" them. Also basics around responsive design in themes.

Can take a look at the theme I built here: www.lucasmoffitt.com

Lucas.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Interested. I could write about integrating an existing MVC3 app that uses custom db access into Orchard. Not the typical use case but may be useful for people who need to integrate sites with significant amounts of existing MVC code with Orchard. 

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Hi guys,

These all sound like really interesting topics. I've actually been out of the office the last few days, but in order:

@sfmskywalker - Could you throw me a link to those articles? Typically, Simple-Talk *prefers* to publish original content, but I can take a look at what you've got and make a judgement call.

@LucasMoffitt - That sounds excellent - I'd love to know more (chris.massey@simple-talk.com, if it's a lot of material). I'll check out your theme, and get back to you

@TheMonarch - That also sounds fascinating. As you say, not a typical use-case, but with a good intro to contextualise it, I think that could fly. If you have a rough idea of how you'd structure that article, I'd like to know more.

Chris

Developer
Feb 3, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Edited Feb 3, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Hi Chris,

I understand. The url to the first post of the series is: http://skywalkersoftwaredevelopment.net/blog/writing-an-orchard-webshop-module-from-scratch-part-1

I'm also interested in writing new content, perhaps on theming, or go into depth on certain aspects of Orchard development. I am using Orchard for real world applications. Currently, I am writing a Learning Management System that integrates with a webshop to sell access tokens to e-learning modules. 100% pure Orchard.

Just let me know.

Cheers,

Sipke