Cannot remove title

Topics: Troubleshooting
Jan 26, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Edited Jan 26, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Hi all 

So I am trying to get the grips of Orchard but to be honest I am having some issues.

So installed it and then installed the Contose theme. The issue now is this. Before I removed the main page the title of each page was being done on a blue blackground. Once I removed the Widget HomePage and I made my new page to be the default home page the title is just being shown without any background.

Now I want two options either I just remove the page title but when I try to leave it blank it will not let me or else I wanted to be like it was before with a blue background.

To see what I am talking about take a look at www.markafarrugia.com. The website development title should be either removed or with a blue background.

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:09 PM

For every new page which I am creating the title is created correctly. Only for that specific page which is the homepage the header is not showing correctly. Mind you I used the same homepage that came with it and just modified it because when I am trying to untick the SET AS HOMEPAGE to do another page as the homepage it is not letting me.

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Hmm ... not sure why it's happening, could be a widget (which means it'll still happen if you set a different homepage).

But to change the homepage, just save a different item as homepage, rather than trying to uncheck the box. If you set another one it'll replace it.

Jan 26, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Still the same when I created a new home page. What can I check?

Jan 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Check for Widgets on the HomePage layer.

Jan 26, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I removed the HomePage layer but I created the same on using URL (~/) and there are no widgets in it.

What I also tried is try to create a css for the content when adding a page and give and id for the div and then replicating the css for the title but the css is not added to the content pane.

Jan 26, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I was thinking of going directly to SQL Server and removing the title page directly from the table so the title gets removed. Thats the only solution I can think of. That's why I always believed that the best thing is to create your own website because you would know what you are doing.....

Jan 26, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Well, the next thing to do is enable "Shape Tracing" module. This will add a bar at the footer of all the front-end pages, it's a bit like Firebug, but it tells you which Shapes are generating the different parts of the page. Then you can add an entry in Placement.info to hide that shape (let me know what you see first).

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Hi

Added the Shape Tracing module but cannot see any changes at the bottom of my browser like what they said here http://www.devhammer.net/blog/Customize-Orchard-CMS-with-Designer-Tools

I added this on my live website but after I remove it.

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Can you test it on your dev instance first and see if you have the same problem?

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Hi

So I installed it on my dev machine. Both of the headers are being rendered by Parts_RoutableTitle. The thing is that while the one on the homepage is being rendered under Zone[Content], the other one is rendered underneath Zone[SubPageTitle]. The Zone[Content] has a different CSS than the Zone[SubPageTitle] and is possible I want that the homepage renders under Zone[SubPageTitle]