LayoutSelector Help

Topics: Writing themes
Jan 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Hello,

I am a completely new to Orchard and using CMS's in general, so I apologise in advance for this question!

I am trying to create a site that has 3 different page layouts based on ThemeMachine:

Home page: Header, Navigation, AsideFirst, Content, AfterMain, FooterQuadFirst-Fourth and Footer.

General page: Header, Navigation, Content and Footer.

CV layout page: Header, Navigation, AsideFirst, Content and Footer.

I have installed LayoutSelector and created a Layout-CV.cshtml (copied and renamed ThemeMachine Layout.cshtml). When I create a page with the CV layout selected I know it is reading the Layout-CV.cshtml file but it will not display the AsideFirst zone, even if I use @Display(Model.AsideFirst). What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your time,

Giles

Jan 24, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Have you actually put anything into the AsideFirst zone?

Jan 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM

This is where my ignorance will show. I presume you mean by creating a Widget? I have tried that but is shows up on the general page as well as the CV layout page. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:28 PM

You can use "Layers" to make widgets show on different pages.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Works like a dream - thanks for the pointer! I did't need LayoutSelector for what I want to do.

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Funny thing - Layout Selector was the first Orchard module I wrote, but I've never actually used it, I always found more elegant ways of achieving the same effect.