Sorting in Projector Module (video)

Topics: General, Troubleshooting, Writing themes
Jan 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Thanks for the video on the Projector Module. The first example in there is almost exactly what I need to accomplish right now.

I notice that sebastien enables a "Fields" module (~11 mins into video). Is this available?

I am working from the 1.x branch, and I have successfully enabled the Projector module and created a new Query (based on a Content Type I created, called News Release). The query works; however, I would like to sort the query by my custom date field (not Creation/Mod/Published date). I have a DateTimeField on the News Release item, but for some reason, it doesn't appear as on option under Sort Criteria. Other custom fields on that content type appear (e.g, "Headline", "Category", "Source"), but it just seems like the only data available under Sort Criteria are Textfields. Am I correct? If so, is it due to my not having a "Fields" module installed?

(note: I actually have been using the individual fields modules for dates, images, etc (e.g. DateTimeField, here: http://orcharddatetimefield.codeplex.com/). Do I need to switch?

Thanks,
Tim

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

There are new Fields which are compatible with Projector, available from source code only right now, on the only fork at orchardfields.codeplex.com

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM

That did the trick. Thanks so much, sebastien. Really useful module.