Styling an Alternate Shape

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules, Writing themes
Jan 3, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I added a Text Field in my custom widget. I then created an Alternate shape/template using Designer tools.

The view from my alternate shape now lives in my Themes folder.

Is there anyway I can copy the code from my alternate shape and paste it in my widgets view so I can have more control over the styling of this text field I added? And still have it render? I tried this before and it didn't seem to work.

Whats the best way to have complete cotrol over the styling of alternate templates created by the Designer Tools and embed them in my own Views?

Thanks

Oceantrain

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2012 at 6:16 AM

I don't understand. What do you mean?

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I wrote a module/Widget. It's all styled up with text and everything. But then I realized I need to add another piece of text. So I added a generic text box field in Orchard Admin to my module. I added text to the box. And published it. On the front end, the text is by default placed in the top left of my widget. I want to know how to take control of the positioning of the new text field. Without just relative positioning it. I used the designer tools to create an alternate template.

Does that make sense?

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM

In that alternate, add a class to the element you want to move around, then use CSS to position it.