Styling/Changin the default admin page?

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting, Writing themes
Dec 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Is there a best practice to styling or changing the layout of the default login page? Currently it takes on my Layout.cshtml styles. And it's a mess. Would I create a new Layout.cshtml file and inherit it form the admin page? Is there an admin page in the core somewhere?

Thanks

Oceantrain

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Can't you use a url alternate for it?

Jan 1, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Oceantrain wrote:

Is there a best practice to styling or changing the layout of the default login page? Currently it takes on my Layout.cshtml styles. And it's a mess. Would I create a new Layout.cshtml file and inherit it form the admin page? Is there an admin page in the core somewhere?

Thanks

Oceantrain

I'm going to be tackling this in a few days myself.  I'm adding to this so I can come back and give you my experience or perhaps you'll have your piece figured out before I get to it.

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Edited Jan 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Install the "Designer Tools" module and enable "URL Alternates".

THEN

You can create the following views, then just update the page to use your login page stylesheets and update the html as needed.

• Layout__Orchard_Users__Account__LogOn.cshtml
  • Layout__Orchard_Users__Account__ChangePassword.cshtml
  • Layout__Orchard_Users__Account__AccessDenied.cshtml
Feb 14, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I'm having a problem getting the Designer tools/shape tracing to enable when logged out. I am trying to create alternate views from the log in page. However when logged out the Designer tools is not available. Any thoughts?

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM

When logged out, the designer will only appear if you run the app from the server. So on a dev machine, browse locally. (http://localhost)