Codegen created module not in VS2010 project module list

Topics: Writing modules
Dec 23, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I built the SimpleCommerce module per the article referenced at http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Creating-a-module-with-a-simple-text-editor and it seems to work fine. I had built the HellowWorld module, also from CodeGen and it worked fine as well. And then I built another module of my own based on the HelloWorld notes but added in some database code. Turns out that I need to learn how to use the Orchard way of using database (or at least I want to learn it) which is why I built the SimpleCommerce.

I start with downloading the latest orchard code and then I use VS2010 to open up the solution that appears in the src folder. Then in Visual Studio Solution Explorer I have folders for _Notes, Modules, Specs, Tests, Themes, Tools, and then special folders for Orchard.Core, Orchard.Framework, Orchard.WarmupStarter and finally Orchard.Web.

For both the HelloWorld and my module, once I built them with codegen I could then see them in my VS2010 project under the Modules folder mentioned above, but not for the one I created for SimpleCommerce.

All three modules do appear (hidden) in the Modules folder under the Orchard.Web project. How do I get SimpleCommerce to appear in my Modules folder of the solution - where the others appear? On the physical disk, that's where the folder is.

If it should just happen, then I'll try recreating what I did.

Thanks

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:54 PM

When you codegen'd your modules you should have added the /IncludeInSolution:true switch.

Right click on the Modules folder in the Solution and choose "Add Existing Project" then add them manually.

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Thanks. I missed that "includeInSOlution"switch.