Is there a bug in Manifest files?

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Dec 21, 2011 at 6:14 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I've struggled with this in the past and it is driving me up a wall.

I've got a project names Company.Client.CourseManagement.
In project properties I have Company.Client.CourseManagement as the AssemblyName and DefaultNamespace

This project is in the Orchard/Modules/Company.Client.CourseManagement folder

In that folder is code for a very basic module (essentially HelloWorld)

Here is my Module.txt

Name: Company.Client.CourseManagement
AntiForgery: enabled
Author: Company
Version: 1.0.0
OrchardVersion: 1.3
Description: Client course management
        Description: Client course management
        Category: Client

All instances of "Company" and "Cllient" are to protect the identy of the parties involved.

Now, this module doesn't show up in Orchard, neither do the features.
In the past this was due to a discrepancy somewhere in either the .csproj or assembly name or something.
Can someone shed light on exactly what parts of the Module.txt have to match what parts in the project?

Does the Name field in Module.txt have to correspond to the project name, assembly name, other?
Same for Features. Are these driven by namespace or assembly?

**UPDATE** Taking the "Company." off of everything allows the module to show up on the features page...
Is there some limitation to how nested a project can be?

Help appreciated!

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I can see nothing wrong, and as far as I know there is no limitation on the name. You correctly assumed that the module should reside in a folder that has the same name as the module.

Just shooting into the dark, but are you sure there is nowhere an inconsistency with the name? Such things tend to happen after a module rename. What works is basically a replace from the old name o the new in all files of the project (including the csproj itself, have you looked there?).

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:51 AM

You were correct. It was an inconsistency. Moving the project and changing the namespace had very wild results.

All better now, thanks!