Submenus, subpages using Advanced menu module

Topics: General, Writing themes
Dec 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM

I'm having some trouble setting up subnavigation and subpages. I'm using the great Advanced menu module (1.3.0).

So I have some subpages and the initial landing page for one of the sections is not a separate page. It's the first in the series of subpages.

So,

• www.mysite.com/headquarters
  • www.mysite.com/headquarters/green-components
  • www.mysite.com/headquarters/green-components/geothermal-hvac-system

are all supposed to be the same page. 

On the "Geothermal HVAC System" page, there are 3 menus. The top level (Home, Headquarters, Companies...), secondary menu under Headquarters (Green Components, Visual Tour, Photography Collection), and within the Green Components section, all the subpages for that area (Geothermal HVAC System, Solar Array, ..., etc.)

The problem/challenge is there IS NO discreet landing page for Headquarters or Green Components section. The user is taken to the first subpage under Green Components when they click on Headquarters in top nav (only place on the site like this).

I can't get the menu items to light up ("selected"/"current") properly. Should I switched to using taxonomies for this?

Thanks so much for any guidance

-Tim

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:36 PM

For anyone who needs to "fill in gaps" in there information architecture, as I've had to do here, I used Rewrite Rules module. I changed nothing about how you would use the Advanced Menu module.

See this discussion:

http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/283756