Stable version with Projector module

Topics: General
Dec 19, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I am beginning to develop a e-commerce website but I want t use Projector module. I know that 1.3 is a stable build but it does not have Projector.

My question is which changset version should I use that is kind a stable with Projector module ?

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:35 PM

If you use 1.x branch it's reasonable stable and has Projector.

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I got the version changset 'ae6ea355cb45' and I am not getting edit tabs on a content. Is this something intentional ?

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:16 PM

What's changed is that the ControlWrapper is now a separate feature, you might simply need to enable it.

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you guys aware that it is giving error when try to enable the shape tracing. After that it won't start the website.

Following is the stack trace :

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Orchard.Security.Authorizer.Authorize(Permission permission, IContent content, LocalizedString message) in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Security\Authorizer.cs:61
   Orchard.Security.Authorizer.Authorize(Permission permission) in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Security\Authorizer.cs:53
   Orchard.Exceptions.DefaultExceptionPolicy.RaiseNotification(Exception exception) in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Exceptions\DefaultExceptionPolicy.cs:68
   Orchard.Exceptions.DefaultExceptionPolicy.HandleException(Object sender, Exception exception) in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Exceptions\DefaultExceptionPolicy.cs:43
   Orchard.Events.DefaultOrchardEventBus.TryNotifyHandler(IEventHandler eventHandler, String messageName, String interfaceName, String methodName, IDictionary`2 eventData, IEnumerable& returnValue) in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Events\DefaultOrchardEventBus.cs:53
   Orchard.Events.<NotifyHandlers>d__0.MoveNext() in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Events\DefaultOrchardEventBus.cs:38
   System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) +217
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable`1 source) +78
   Orchard.Events.DefaultOrchardEventBus.Notify(String messageName, IDictionary`2 eventData) in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Events\DefaultOrchardEventBus.cs:24
   Orchard.Events.EventsInterceptor.Intercept(IInvocation invocation) in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Events\EventsInterceptor.cs:24
   Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed() +184
   IOrchardShellEventsProxy6f86c7a68b4d4e6eb790f2ef3b50f65d.Activated() +153
   Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardShell.Activate() in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardShell.cs:40
   Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.ActivateShell(ShellContext context) in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:159
   Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.CreateAndActivateShells() in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:142
   Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.BuildCurrent() in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:112
   Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.Orchard.Environment.IOrchardHost.Initialize() in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard\Environment\DefaultOrchardHost.cs:76
   Orchard.Web.MvcApplication.HostInitialization(HttpApplication application) in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard.Web\Global.asax.cs:48
   Orchard.WarmupStarter.<>c__DisplayClass3.<LaunchStartupThread>b__2(Object state) in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard.WarmupStarter\Starter.cs:89

[ApplicationException: Error during application initialization]
   Orchard.WarmupStarter.Starter`1.OnBeginRequest(HttpApplication application) in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard.WarmupStarter\Starter.cs:63
   Orchard.Web.MvcApplication.Application_BeginRequest() in C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard.Web\Global.asax.cs:29

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) +0
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) +72
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +335
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +28
   System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) +19
   System.Web.Util.ArglessEventHandlerProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +57
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75
Dec 19, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I suspect this error is unrelated to Shape Tracing, try cleaning and rebuilding the solution. Since some changes that protected the site against missing module dependencies I've found this happens quite often, Orchard will keep throwing an ApplicationException as though it remembers an exception from a previous request.

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Rebuilt  the solution and tried enabling Shape tracing before any other modules,  worked fine. I will continue enabling other modules like Projector, Taxanomies etc

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Tried to enable Taxanomies module, got the same error. 

Once you have this error, you have to delete everything get the latest version and start again beause if you don't do that, every time you start your web site you you get an error.

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Let me tell you my conclusion or my experience ( I could be wrong) :

Whenever I tried to have both Projector module and Taxanomies module enabled, I am getting that access error. Let me know if anybody else is experiencing it. Right now I am not going to use Taxanomies module and see how my rest of the developemnt goes through. If anybody has a solution let me know.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Are you using the dev branch of the taxonomies module ? Because this one is compatible with Projector, and is used on some websites already.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I just installed it from Gallery I don't think it is from dev branch. I will try dev version and let you know.

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I got the Taxonomies version. How do I install it. You need a NuGet package ?

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Just copy the Contrib.Taxonomies folder in /Modules.

@sebastien : I think something is missing in TaxonomyFieldDriver.cs to make the field available in the filters of a query. Something like :  

protected override void Describe(DescribeMembersContext context) {            context                .Member(null, typeof(string), T("Value"), T("The terms of the field."));        }

Dec 20, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Nothing is missing, Taxonomy Fields don't have any actual content, they are just placeholders to weld a TermsPart dynamically. The filter is working, and available as you enable the module, by default. 

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:13 PM

I Got the version from dev branch and was able to install it. I am still getting the following error while enabling it :

No scope matching the expression 'value(Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder`3+<>c__DisplayClass0[Orchard.Environment.WorkContextImplementation,Autofac.Builder.SimpleActivatorData,Autofac.Builder.SingleRegistrationStyle]).lifetimeScopeTag.Equals(scope.Tag)' is visible from the scope in which the instance was requested.

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Sebastien : have you tried with the Contrib.Taxonomies Module ? 

I still have that kind of error.

This workitem should be reopened :

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:24 PM

We are having the same problem.  Same error message.  One some environments we can duplicate only when Shape Tracing is enabled.

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I got the same error... Looking in to it at the moment, let you know what I find.