Deploy Tutorial

Topics: Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Dec 17, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Edited Dec 17, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Hi!

I´m using Surftown.se as host in Sweden and I´ve not success to setup orchard on the webserver... I have problem with the app_data folder... but... I´m looking for a good tutorial which files / folders I should upload on the server. If I "publish" the the orchard.web project in the full source project the result is 615mb large ??? All the sourcecode files are included ??

Has anyone found a easy tutorial which show how to work with Orchard and deploy it by ftp? 

And - the first problem... is it possible to configure orchard to not use the app_data/dependencies folder? My host allows me to write to app_data but not to a subfolder?

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM

http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Building-and-deploying-Orchard-from-a-source-code-drop

Web deploy should also work and deploy only what you need. The source for all modules will be deployed but not the framework's source. This is normal. Orchard does dynamic compilation of modules.

If your host does not allow you to write into subdirectories of app_data, you won't be able to run Orchard with them. If they refuse to change this, I'm afraid they may not be a very good host and you should consider taking your business somewhere else.