E-Commerce Sample - Version: 1.0

Topics: Troubleshooting
Dec 16, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Hi

I need help please .

I am using the Orchard 1.3 Source code version. I installed the module 'E-Commerce Sample - Version: 1.0'. When I tried to add a product I am getting the following error : 

"The controller for path '/OrchardLocal/Modules/Samples.Commerce/scripts/MediaBrowser.js' was not found or does not implement IController."

If I tried to continue I get :

"The field Price must be a positive number."

It use to work on the older versions. Please advice ?

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Maybe you're missing a web.config file in that scripts directory or the file is not there.

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Thanks for the reply

I don't understand where I should be looking for the web.config file. I looked at both the root directory as well as in the script folder of the Module. Both have web.config files. Don't you think it will be installed/created automatically when you install the module and enable it ?

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I'm trying to understand what's going on, that's all. I said "maybe"... You'd be surprised at how often these things happen. People delete a file and don't remember it. Your best bet is probably to contact the authors of the module. There is a contact form on the gallery.

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:40 PM

This module was used in Mix11 demo. The Floral Store was created using this module and it worked on the earlier version and not working now.

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I understand that. Your best bet is still to contact the authors.

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:02 AM

I had the same problem. 

The validation doesn't seem to work.

It gets hung up on line 16 of ProductPart.cs.  Basically, the min and max values are ignored, even when the price amount is valid, and throws an error every time.

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2011 at 5:19 AM

I took a look at the code, and actually there isn't much of it. It doesn't seem worth the trouble, and you'd be better off starting your own thing than use this. It seems really shallow and emtpy. The Amazon module, despite being more specialized, looks like a better basis for commerce features than this.

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:23 PM
I'm only looking for something simple that I could build off of. I'll look at the Amazon one though. I'd like something that I could just include some Paypal purchase links.

Joe Raby
PC Components Canada

On 2011-12-21, at 1:19 AM, "bertrandleroy" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I took a look at the code, and actually there isn't much of it. It doesn't seem worth the trouble, and you'd be better off starting your own thing than use this. It seems really shallow and emtpy. The Amazon module, despite being more specialized, looks like a better basis for commerce features than this.

Dec 21, 2011 at 8:18 PM

bertrandleroy : I know this is not your module but do you know why Amazon does not show up on the admin menu and anywhere else after installing it.

I tried installing in 1.3.9 version and it showed up fine.

Thanks

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:39 PM
Which module was it though? The "buy from" or "checkout" one?

@bertrandleroy: how is the e-commerce stearing coming along? Is this something you'd like to handle as a new project, or just support something like Magelia? Magelia looks alright, but they need to finish it and package it as a webPI package for easier installation - the requirement to have to set up IIS privileges isn't supported by a lot of shared hosting plans, so these issues have to be addressed, but I'm losing hope on them. Honestly though, I'd rather see something as a complete module for Orchard than a bridged module, which is what Magelia is aiming for. It'd be better if you could strip away all of the ugly UI of Magelia and just have the db connections in Orchard.

I've been looking for a good commerce solution and I've tried Goodsie, but their browser support only works 100% on Safari (!!!), but not Safari on iOS. The guys that designed it must be just a bunch of Mac design fans, because their implementation sucks. IE support just isn't there, and even Chrome has problems rendering certain things. It looks good and the simple functionality is what attracted me to it over something like Magento, but it just plain doesn't work.

Joe Raby
PC Components Canada

On 2011-12-21, at 4:18 PM, "kotor000" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

bertrandleroy : I know this is not your module but do you know why Amazon does not show up on the admin menu and anywhere else after installing it.

I tried installing in 1.3.9 version and it showed up fine.

Thanks

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Joe_Raby: It is checkout by Amazon.

Anybody else having issues with this module ?

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Haven't tried it yet. I will, and I'll let you know about it.

I'm not keen on using Amazon though, what with their ludicrous commission rates that they impose.

Joe Raby
PC Components Canada

On 2011-12-21, at 5:47 PM, "kotor000" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Joe_Raby: It is checkout by Amazon.

Anybody else having issues with this module ?

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Integrating PayPal or Google Checkout should not be a lot of work. The Amazon module has some tax and shipping code that should be reusable independently of Amazon. Would be cool if someone could integrate all that into a simple commerce module that lets you choose who you integrate with.

I totally agree on the Amazon rates: unless your business gets lots of referrals from the Amazon site itself, it's not worth it.

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I am kind a stuck. I wanted to use Projector module and the version in which Projector module working, the Amazon module ( Checkout By Amazon ) not showing up anywhere. Anybody has any clue ? Is there any where I can put the break point to see why it is not showing up in admin menu and other places, though it says installed and enabled successfully.

Thanks

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I have kinda fixed the problem. I added the Amazon project and tried to compile. It was failing compiling. The way it is writing the errors in some places causing the error. Here is the code

catch (Exception exception)           

{               

//Below line was erroring out               

this.Error(exception, this.T("Creating Promotion failed: {0}", exception.Message), NullLogger.Instance, this.orchardServices.Notifier);
return View("NewEdit", viewModel);           

}

List of errors the I got :

1. Error 1 Instance argument: cannot convert from 'Amazon.Checkout.Controllers.PromotionsController' to 'Orchard.Logging.ILogger' C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Amazon.Checkout\Controllers\PromotionsController.cs 127 17 Amazon.Checkout

2. Error 2 'Amazon.Checkout.Controllers.PromotionsController' does not contain a definition for 'Error' and the best extension method overload 'Orchard.Logging.LoggingExtensions.Error(Orchard.Logging.ILogger, string, params object[])' has some invalid arguments C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Amazon.Checkout\Controllers\PromotionsController.cs 127 17 Amazon.Checkout

3. Error 3 Argument 2: cannot convert from 'System.Exception' to 'string' C:\working\Projects\Orchard\orchard\artifacts\Source\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Amazon.Checkout\Controllers\PromotionsController.cs 127 28 Amazon.Checkout.

I for now I just commented out that line and it compiled OK and showed up on the admin menu.

Anybody know how to fix this ? Why is it breaking in this version of Orchard ?

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 22, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Because it's old. I have a fixed version that runs with the current Orchard, but I'm waiting for the authors of the Amazon module to let me publish it on their behalf.