ClickToBuildAzurePackage Error

Topics: Installing Orchard
Dec 14, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I followed the directions and I'm getting the following error:

"C:\Users\Aaron\Documents\_bizible\orchard\AzurePackage.proj" (Build target) (1) ->(Test target) ->  NUNIT : 1) SetUp error : Orchard.Azure.Tests.Environment.Configuration.AzureShellSettingsManagerTests [C:\Users\Aaron\Documents\_bizible\orchard\AzurePackage.proj]  NUNIT : 7) SetUp error : Orchard.Azure.Tests.FileSystems.Media.AzureBlobStorageProviderTests [C:\Users\Aaron\Documents\_bizible\orchard\AzurePackage.proj]
    0 Warning(s)    2 Error(s)

I have 1.5 of the Azure SDK installed.  Any help would be appreciated.

Dec 15, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Is that from a visual studio or .net sdk command prompt?

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:45 AM

This is from the command prompt after running ClickToBuildAzurePackage.cmd

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:11 AM

Please try again from a Visual Studio command prompt (or a .NET SDK command prompt).

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:20 AM

This is from the VS command prompt (x86 version - I had other errors of not finding files from the x64 version).

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:28 AM

Then I don't know. What version of Orchard is this? (Azure SDKs come out at such a rhythm that depending on your version of Orchard you may need to use an old SDK).

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:35 AM

I grabbed the Orchard source today and uninstalled the Azure 1.6 SDK and installed the Azure 1.5 SDK (per the Orchard on Azure directions).

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:43 AM

To clarify, today I grabbed the source from the trunk as described here:

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:46 AM

From what branch?

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:48 AM

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:52 AM

That's not what I was asking. What branch did you update to?

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:08 AM

Update to?  I don't understand the question.  I cloned that repository locally.  I'm assuming this grabs the main branch.

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:13 AM

Would it be easier to hop on a Skype call and figure this out?

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:16 AM

No, I think what you need to do is read some Mercurial documentation ;)

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:25 AM

I followed the directions on this page, I don't think any amount of Mercurial documentation will change that.

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:27 AM

I checked and I'm in the default branch as expected.  Does that help you debug this?

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:29 AM

Well, I asked you what branch you updated to, and you said you didn't understand the question. My conclusion from that is that you don't know how to use Mercurial. That's fine, you just need to learn. If you didn't update after clone, you are probably on the default branch, which is 1.3. I think the Azure SDK 1.5 wasn't released when that version came out, which could explain the problems you're seeing. So you need either to use an older SDK (maybe) or need to take a more recent Orchard (but you should avoid the very latest 1.x that have some temporary issues).

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:35 AM

OK, do you have a specific branch you recommend?  

How can I be the only one seeing this?  It seems that following the documentation verbatim leads you to the Azure 1.5 SDK and the 1.3 branch, so if these are mismatched, we should see other people having the same problem and I assume that is not the case.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:01 AM

The build script in the 1.3 branch specifically references azure 1.5, in fact the last commit ( was when the update from 1.4 to 1.5 was done, so 1.5 was probably out and should work with this branch as it's been in there for 2 months and other people are not having the issue.  So, something else is happening here. 

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:02 AM

OK, then I don't know, sorry. I've exhausted the possible causes I could think of.

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:25 PM

The version number of the SDK is defined in the AzurePackage.msbuild file, AND in the unit tests configuration, in the App.Config. Change both of them.