Customizing Source code and deploying

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Dec 5, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Hi, I downloaded orchard and it's source code. Imade changes to the source code and everything works great on my local machine when i start the vs 2010 solution and. 

I noticed that orchard disk size is something like 20 megabytes. the source code = 670 megabytes (not accurate).

When i publish my source code throught ftp, i get a build of 670 megabytes.. i would have expected the result to weight 20mb.. 

I already read about using about SVN stuff but i don't want to use it, i just need to download orchard, make some changes and build it again... but i get a cms that weights 670 megabytes...

Hope to get an answer..

Thanks!

Coordinator
Dec 5, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Edited Dec 5, 2011 at 9:34 PM

And it will be. Read this: http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Building-and-deploying-Orchard-from-a-source-code-drop

Deploying from VS should also do the right thing.

If you just copy all thet's under Orchard.web, you get lots of unnecessary duplicate dlls in each module's bin.

Developer
Dec 5, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Orchard only weights that much when everything is compiled, binaries are stored in multiple locations across the solution (e.g. in all module folder there is a big set), and in Debug mode. If you publish in Release mode and using the built-in Publish feature of VS (which defaults to only publish necessary files) the size should be more along the 20MB (I haven't measured it  though).