Search Query

Topics: Administration, Announcements, Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Installing Orchard, Localization, Troubleshooting, Writing modules, Writing themes
Nov 30, 2011 at 4:33 AM

how do i add custom search queries to my web pages?

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:14 AM

Use projector from the latest 1.x branch, or write code against content manager.

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:58 PM

cannot desire more for v1.4 for projector

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:43 PM

@Bertrand: any news about when 1.4 will be available?

I've downloaded the latest version of sources, but could not find projector, so I guess I have to download it from and manually build the whole thing... right?

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Projector is a sub repository, and should be downloaded automatically with Orchard source code using a new enlistment, and not forgetting to "update" to the latest revision. Then you need to enable the feature.

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:04 PM
Edited Dec 1, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I've managed to get projections, thanks a lot!!

Now I have a problem: I've created a custom content type from admin (no code) with two choice-list fields, and I'd like to define a query on this content type, but my fields don't appear in the list of available fields to use for filtering.

I have added common, identity, containable and route parts to my custom type.

Am I missing something? 

[Edit] I've added a text field to my content type and it appears in the list as a candidate filter. So I wonder if there are some limitations in the fields that can be used with projection.

If the answer is yes, I'd abandon projections and follow the "write code against content manager" suggestion.

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:22 AM

You need "compatible" fields

We are working on them on a specific fork in

Right now only TextField is compatible in Core

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:52 AM

@aforcina: maybe  u can try this:

but still in dev process

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:35 AM

OK, thanks for clarifying.

And what about content types defined in custom code (as documented in Are their fields considered "compatible"?

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Yes they are, go to Bindings, and add a binding.