One view with item and nested list

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Nov 26, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Hi,

After some investigation I decided to use Orchard for a site that I have to create.
I have spent as much time as I could spare reading Orchard docs and other resources.
However the goal I am trying to acomplish is slightly more complex than tutorials, at least for the beginer.
I believe that the best way to learn is to do what is to be done, but my understanding of the subject is not good enough.
So I would really appreciate some directions.

The goal is as follow:
To define TheItem with some short body and maximum 3 or 4 TheItemAspects. Maximum number could be definable, but it is not priority.
To define TheItemAspect with body and miniature picture.
Both TheItem and TheItemAspect should be routable. TheItem should be containable.

I have acomplished this by adding Containter to TheItem and Containable to TheItemAspects. I'm not sure if this "nested lists" approach is good one.
Now the harder part, the view.

TheItem should be displayed on the list as title, short body and all the miniaturs of its TheItemAspects as links (kind of submenu).
Small or no difference between Summary and Details display type.
TheItemAspect should also display all the miniaturs in the same manner.

This may be trivial, but I'm stuck.
Could you please describe in few words steps that I should follow?

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2011 at 10:35 PM

You will see a difference if you actually write different templates for the different display types. Shape tracing will help a lot.