Why are Recipe Journals stored under Media folder?

Topics: Writing modules
Nov 23, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I recently started playing around with Recipes and noticed that every Recipe execution generates a log/journal file that is being placed under /Media/Default/RecipeJournal.

I'm wondering why they are being put there - if anything I'd expect them in the App_Data/Logs folder.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM

This has bothered me too... And in MediaService there is a checking burnt in that takes care of not showing it.

Nov 23, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Try to download something from app_data/logs from your browser. See? There's your answer ;)

Nov 23, 2011 at 5:44 PM

But where could one download them from?

Nov 23, 2011 at 5:49 PM

What do you mean?

Nov 23, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Why *would* I want to download a recipe log from my browser? Surely they're just as security sensitive as normal logs.

Nov 23, 2011 at 5:59 PM
Edited Nov 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Well, if it was a design decision to put recipe journals into the Media folder to be able to download them, I guess there is a download link displayed somewhere? :-) But I also don't understand the point of being able to download them.

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:33 PM
Edited Nov 23, 2011 at 6:34 PM

@Pete: we are not talking about logs but about recipes. In any case, the whole thing should be pretty much moot now as if I'm not mistaken recipes are now streamed directly to the client without going into a file. If there is still a file with 1.3, I think that would be a bug.

@Piedone: what's the point of exporting if you can't get the exported file?? (and there *was* a download link when we were still creating these files)

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I think we're not writing about the same thing: not recipes, but recipe journals. If I'm not mistaken, recipe journals are kind of log files that are created when executing a recipe. I'm confused just as _oliver_ why they're in the Media folder, and why they're meant to be downloaded (I'm not speaking about exporting to recipes, unless recipe journals have to do something with exporting).

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Oh, ok, sorry for the confusion. Yeah, doesn't sound right. Please file a bug.

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:40 AM

OK, I have.

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Thanks, Piedone, for following up on this :-)