Home page edit not working

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, General
Nov 13, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Hi,

When i try to edit home page content using edit button following error is comming. 

The current request for action 'Edit' on controller type 'AdminController' is ambiguous between the following action methods:
System.Web.Mvc.ActionResult EditPOST(Int32, System.String) on type Orchard.Core.Contents.Controllers.AdminController
System.Web.Mvc.ActionResult EditAndPublishPOST(Int32, System.String) on type Orchard.Core.Contents.Controllers.AdminController

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException: The current request for action 'Edit' on controller type 'AdminController' is ambiguous between the following action methods:
System.Web.Mvc.ActionResult EditPOST(Int32, System.String) on type Orchard.Core.Contents.Controllers.AdminController
System.Web.Mvc.ActionResult EditAndPublishPOST(Int32, System.String) on type Orchard.Core.Contents.Controllers.AdminController

Source Error:

Line 146:            public void EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) {
Line 147:                try {
Line 148:                    _httpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(result);
Line 149:                }
Line 150:                finally {

Source File: E:\Arruni\Arruni\RIAM\Orchard2\src\Orchard\Mvc\Routes\ShellRoute.cs    Line: 148 

I have latest donwloaded source. why this error came?

lakmal

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2011 at 1:21 AM

I can't reproduce this. Do you have anything else installed? Are you getting errors when hitting any other pages? Did you try to edit the same item from the admin UI, through Content?

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Hi,

When i use chrome that error dont come

lakmal

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I tried it on Chrome, Firefox and IE9. No repro. Something else must be going on.

Do you have anything else installed? Are you getting errors when hitting any other pages? Did you try to edit the same item from the admin UI, through Content?

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Well my issue is not the same but still involves the edit button, I cant even see the edit buttons, I set my site up manually, so I set up a new site and did the web platform install and still no edit buttons, I have done nothing to either these sites they are both just out of the box. I am logged in with the user I created at setup. any one have any ideas?

Thanks!

Mar 20, 2012 at 2:41 AM

@VirtualTap, Do a search to find a solution. Orchard 1.4 doesn't have the module that renders the "edit" links enabled by default. You have to enable it.. 

Mar 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

@VirtualTap here is a blog post that teaches you how to enable and disable edit links in Orchard:

http://www.davidhayden.me/blog/display-edit-links-around-content-and-widgets-in-orchard-cms

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Yea I did search but I guess not good enough, my search is what led me here.   Thanks!

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:35 AM

The new default installation does not enable Content Control Wrapper or Widget Control Wrapper Modules. I think this problem (that almost everyone stumbles on) could be avoided if the default was for these Modules to be enabled rather than disabled.

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Edited Mar 26, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Not everyone wants to use that feature. I would like if it if I could enable it on a per-user or per-role basis. 

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:12 AM

I agree. But given that the feature was on by default, changing that to off by default creates work for documentation and all admins who need to educate their users (as well as themselves). Having said that, I would love to see it per-user, but not per role as it is not a 'role thing'.